Houdini Sibes?

Naa-ney

Hey everyone...

Since I have been gone my beautiful Naa-nay had puppies all are gone but one. No not selling. Was wondering if any one else has experienced houdinis? When  we used to leave the house for longer then an hour we would crate the last 2 pups. Every time we got home they would be loose. Then when we were down to one pup left we still tried to crate her too but she would brute strength the crate.

All my sibes are houdinis :-) It just comes along with the package..Just today I left and my 7 month old pup was locked in her cage and when I came home she was out and the cage was still locked how I had it..Still cant figure out how she done it..I have a fenced in area that one dog I have to have on a runner because she will escape..Came home one day with her on the porch. Her color was still on and there was nothing wrong with the runner. Its just a siberian husky gift :-)

HuskyGuerl... i found that if the front was still latched mine was pushin at the back sides. Just enough to slide out.... Then a few months later i had come home and Fraya had sardine can rolled the front from the bottom to top of crate.

also one of the pups i sold was always getting off her run until my friend switched the latch to a carinbiner (used for bungee jumping and rock climbing) latch that screwed closed

Carrington. My mama no problem its the pup that is now 2yr

Yep - huskies are known to be escape artists and little daredevils if necessary! I don't have any advice, but I'd like to tell you a little story on what my boy did.

It was the first and last time we left him alone in the house (he's adopted, wasn't crate trained, and we didn't know he had separation anxiety). To make the long story short, I came home to a torn up carpet (tried to dig underneath the door) and a hole was chewed through the window screen. He had jumped off the roof of our 2nd story house, he was lucky he didn't get hurt. Crazy dog.

@Naa-ney I will totally have to try switching my hook on the runner and check her cage!! Mine also like to climb fences :-) but they got that trait from their grandmother and grandfather because their mom and dad does not. Good luck with your pup!!

My boy Darwin learned how to open the living room windows.

First and second time he got out we assumed that we must've left the window "On the latch"

3rd time I KNEW it was locked.

He'd learned to knock the latching bar up with his nose,  then turn the handle with his teeth.

Cost me £117 the 3rd time to get him back from the warden.

Screwed the damn windows shut.

hoooo if i had a day to answer you  all i can say is this was a phone call a got from work

friend    were are you

me        you know were i am i am gettin some stock

friend    well go home NOW stop whot you are doin dont stop go home

me        omg whats up is the house on fire :o

friend    no the dogs on the roof and dog warden is tryin to get her down and the fire brigade or on 

way wi ladders

me        hoooooo       ooooooo kkkkkk     then mmmmmm :wacko:

and yes we have pics  from dog warden and rspca   by the time i got home it was all over but fireman said did we bring her up with cats cos she was the only one not panickin about falling she got down herself by jumping on top of a fence a couple of inches wide and walked along top to safe jump down and yes we realy do have pics two weeks later she jumped out of bathroom window on first floor onto tiled roof over front door and went to neighbours to play with there dog and i got a phone call for that one as well   the other one would not jump if his life was on line but he opens bolts on doors for her my house is like fort knox i am shore thay are related to gard dogs from coldiz cus i am sure thay have an escape manual :D