Mia Is Still Ill.....and No Wiser To Whats Wrong :(

Mia-Blue

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I asked at the meat counter and they said they don't sell them, and all their chicken is pre-packed, but could just find legs and thighs, which is what I bought. I must say Mia is not complaining, she seems hungrier than ever at the moment!

Morrisons

The woman behind the counter was very helpful, apparently she has 2 huskies herself, although doesn't feed her own dogs raw food, even though she is a butcher, which I thought was rather strange!

But good news........no diarrohea today, just a couple of sloppy messes, but keeping my fingers crossed she is improving :)

Hope Mia continues to improve 

It can be so hard finding the right balance when they have poorly tums

do look up raw feeding just so you know the right foods to give and quantities too so Mia doesn't lack any essential vitamins/nutrients

(my apologies if you already know all that)

i hope she continues to get better 

oh and just incase you wanted to walk her

we use to walk our bitches in season but did it at earlier or later times so as to avoid peak dog walking times and never had a problem  :)

I've found a good cheap source of chicken wings, the local Asian shop does them nice and cheap so have a good stock of them now :-)

Mia's poops have returned today, but she is still bright and lively.....she has been on her raw only diet for 9 days so far, I think I will stick with it as all the advice seems to be that it can take 3 weeks of this diet to see good results for stomach trouble, just keeping my fingers crossed!

The hubby is going to take her for a walk tomorrow, so will see how she gets on with other dogs they bump into, shes on day 4 of her season so far

What I have noticed is when she drips blood she is licking it back up.....is this normal, our lurcher doesnt do ot :-/

I have been keeping tabs on this post and I am not sure if it has been sudgested or not but IBS or allergy to animal product/biproduct.  I know it sounds crazy super crazy as a matter of fact but my first sibe Sasha had a sever allergy to animal product as well as biproduct.  It caused sever digestion issues and infections constantly.  It took months of testing, specalists and lots of heartache.  He had to be on a complete vegetarian/vegan diet.  At the time there were limited products and the food was ungodly expensive.  It is more available now.  I also sudgest IBS which carries the same symptoms and is treated with percription food and daily medication.  If this has been thought of then you can ignore this post but if not it may be worth looking into.  I hate seeing these guys suffer when no one can seem to figure out whats bothering them.  If only they could tell us.  Hope things improve soon and she feels better soon.

I am so pleased, all that stress and worry about her being ill for so long and she is back to her usual, and very greedy self!!!! I am definatley keeping her on the raw diet and gave her some kidney yesterday, and have bought some fish to try her with in a few days :)

now just keeping my fingers crossed that it was all diet related and she will be fit and well from now on :)