Advise On Training :(

shanetez1

hi there everyone I know its been a long time since I was last on here and hope ur all well... sadly I've come to the decision of rehoming my echo as orca keeps attacking her and what with me and my husband being made redundant can no long afford to keep them both but can't seem to find anybody I trust with her as they all bounce for her looks.... she is a beautiful girl but is still a bouncy crazy husky who will test somebody at every opportunity given... keeping them separated is no easy task as I also have 3 children to consider.. I refuse to rehome orca as she will not cope with a rehome as it would destroy her she was a rescue when I got her and has been through hell and high water. where as echo I know would take to another family as long as she gets the exercise she loves and attention... any advise would be marvelous many thanks x

Have you considered seeking advice from a dog behaviourist? I previously had issues between 2 dogs and the advice and suggestions he gave helped slove the issues between the 2 dogs and restored calm to our house. All the best x

no its full on attacking vets is becoming expensive orca was badly attacked last year and has been gunning for echo since she has even scared my arm from biting me my vet suggested putting her to sleep as she is emotionaly wrecked but I am NOT prepared to give up on her by any means

I would contact a professional rescue center...either a specialty husky rescue or a general animal shelter. Make sure to put down and STRESS that Echo HAS to be the only dog in the house. If you decide to go the private rehome route...please do a homecheck first and have them foster Echo for a few days to see how she gets along with their dogs (if they have any)

I'm sorry it had to come to this - I couldn't imagine having to rehome mine.