How Do You Stop Behaviours That They Know Is Wrong?!!

jessiezara90

So Meeko has a list of things he is not supposed to do. Which mainly consist of jumping up on the kitchen side, stealing cat food and logs, and jumping on sofa when uninvited! But what really irritates me is that he knows he is not supposed to as he will never do it when I'm in the same room. Especially jumpin on the kitchen sides, it's really hard to catch him in the act! It's really annoying as I literally cant leave him in a room unattended for 2mins.....hmmmmm

baby gates are the way forward......never had one for the baby......but wouldn't be without one for the dog :D

I do think having a husky is like having a toddler, of course Meeko waits until your out of the room, he knows he is not allowed, but as with all toddlers he will constantly test those boundaries! I do not leave Mia unattended if I can help it, and if I do I have to expect that she will have done something she is not allowed to do.

And I usually know when she is upto no good because she goes quite.....or is laid in her bed, the only time she goes in her bed is when she is eating a treat....or sock, shoe, pen, child's toy, or something of the drainer!!

But as yet she has not learnt to jump on the work surface and I pray she doesn't, as the kitchen window sill is the only safe place in the house!

I second the baby gates. But once they learn they can just jump over them (usually baby gates aren't really that high..atleast the ones here), they're kinda useless.

How old is he now? He's probably entering his teenager phase..