Getting Rid Of The Stinkies

SDXicana

So I've learned that you are not supposed to bathe Huskies that often. When I took in Nanook a week and a half ago I gave him a bath, did a once over with shampoo and a blow dryer. But now he's stinky again! Not just dog smell, like just stinky. I bought him the freshener natural spray I got at Petco, but doesn't seem to help much. Is there another way I could keep him clean and fresh between baths?

I will add though im not sure if its the same with dogs... but like people if they wash their hair to much they get rid of the natural oils and it gets dirty alot quicker... you may need to let your dog smell for a little bit for the oils to all get back to normal!

I use the disposable doggie wipes (similiar to wet ones) to freshen them up.  Yukon sometimes gets kind of stinky too.  I also used the furminator deodorant spray that works well.

both  of mine dont smell  till thay go swimming in a pond   only thing i can think of is when you bath him are you givin him a proper deep clean not just top coat good luck and yes dont over do it  you can get sprays but that is just masking smell   might need a check up if it dose not sort itself 

Has anyone tried those foam shampoo things that you don't have to wash off? Do they actually work?

In all honesty, when I gave him a bath it was just a once over and I tried to get deep but it was so hard to do because he would not stay still he kept trying to get out of his collar and run away, so I did it as quick as I could. Maybe he needs a second bath to get any residual stuff.

Neither of my current two have any odor - which is surprising considering that they both like to dig and see what they can turn up.  Misty had a slight dog odor but it was so light that it was pleasant --- however the on time her anal glands became impacted there was a definite "off" odor and I can't begin to describe it....  I'll ignore the one time that Misty came in and had obviously found and enjoyed something well dead!  She stayed outside for a couple of days!

Renee, if you can describe what it might smell like, others here might be able to offer some better suggestions.

Well it's not like a foul odor, he just smells very strong of that 'doggy' smell, like almost like wet dog smell, but he's not wet LOL. After I bathed him he was good, no odor, but now a week and a half later he's smelly again. So it's not like some unbearable horrible smell, just a strong doggy BO :lol:,

I've been using a brush and that natural coat refresh spray and it seems to help a little but only for like a day.

mine dont really smell.... try airing the house a bit.... um let em roll in mud or something lol

do they have any skin complaints that could cause the smell....

when i got my puppy she stank to high heavens n it took weeks for the smell to go with infrequent baths etc