Really? Who Steals A Phone!?

HuskyMom09

I would be tenpted to set a trap using a smart phone in a case thas has been treated with with security ink that shows up under ultra violet light.

Oppotunist theives are more likely to steal again if they believe they've got away with it

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that one of your work colleagues could do something like this to you. Over here the penalties for doing something like that would be extremely harsh as they no doubt over there. It is automatic loss of job and, let's face it, who wants to lose their job in this current economic climate for the sake of a phone. Are you sure it's not some chancer off the street who has seen the the doors to the firestation open, knows you've all gone on a shout, and thought easy pickings, then been disturbed because they didn't realise that there was still someone on the premises. I do hope you get it back soon as I to had mine stolen a little while ago knows what it's like. It's not nice.

Gary.

I can't believe that one of your work colleagues could do something like this to you. Over here the penalties for doing something like that would be extremely harsh as they no doubt over there. It is automatic loss of job and, let's face it, who wants to lose their job in this current economic climate for the sake of a phone. Are you sure it's not some chancer off the street who has seen the the doors to the firestation open, knows you've all gone on a shout, and thought easy pickings, then been disturbed because they didn't realise that there was still someone on the premises. I do hope you get it back soon as I to had mine stolen a little while ago knows what it's like. It's not nice.

Gary.

We don't leave the doors open when we leave- the bay doors go down after the apparatus leave and the station is locked and only firefighters know the door code to get in.  So no, it wasn't someone off the street.  This is something that someone will lose their job over if we ever find out who did it.  It is a Class C felony, so automatic dismissal for being charged with a felony can't hold a public officiating job with a record, plus the possibility of 5 years in jail and up to $10,000 fine if charged.

Unbelievable. Things are replaceable...but trust is something you can't just replace.

I hope they catch who did this or the guilty party actually decides to confess. Chances are you will never see it...but you never know it might just miraculously show up in a wierd place at the station.

Unbelievable. Things are replaceable...but trust is something you can't just replace.

I hope they catch who did this or the guilty party actually decides to confess. Chances are you will never see it...but you never know it might just miraculously show up in a wierd place at the station.

You are absolutely right, trust isn't something that is easily rebuilt.  The fact this is not the first problem I've had at this station just heightens the stress.  The phone still hasn't been turned on, so I'm guessing they ditched it.  I'm going back to look where the case was found to see if the phone was overlooked.

We don't leave the doors open when we leave- the bay doors go down after the apparatus leave and the station is locked and only firefighters know the door code to get in.  So no, it wasn't someone off the street.  This is something that someone will lose their job over if we ever find out who did it.  It is a Class C felony, so automatic dismissal for being charged with a felony can't hold a public officiating job with a record, plus the possibility of 5 years in jail and up to $10,000 fine if charged.

It was just a thought. I do know that whenever we turned out to a shout there was always someone on station to ensure that the doors were closed but if they were waylayed for a moment someone could have had time to get in and out quickly. Fortunately in my day we never had anything worth stealing as mobile phones and the like weren't around. We even left our keys in the cars. We were all retained firefighters and called in from our ordinary jobs. Hope you find your phone and the culprit gets what's coming. Nothing worse than having your possessions rifled.

Gary.

Grrrr....I would be pretty pissed off if this happened at my work....and we are just an average unsecure office building/warehouse. Judging by the case being found destroyed and near a ditch I'm wondering if it got thrown out the window if a moving vehicle. It just might be in the area where the case was found! ( If it were me in this situation I think I might be a little suspicious of the person who found the case) 

Grrrr....I would be pretty pissed off if this happened at my work....and we are just an average unsecure office building/warehouse. Judging by the case being found destroyed and near a ditch I'm wondering if it got thrown out the window if a moving vehicle. It just might be in the area where the case was found! ( If it were me in this situation I think I might be a little suspicious of the person who found the case) 

I am beyond pissed.  We are supposed to all be trust worthy people, we are routinely in people's houses providing care.  What happens when this sticky fingered individual decides there is something of our patient's they want?  I went and looked today where the case was found, there were no signs of the phone, not even a piece of glass.  The one who mentioned they might have seen the case was questioned, though I know he wouldn't have taken my phone he has an iPhone already.  However there is one person who immediately started making claims of seeing my phone someplace it wouldn't have been, which is interesting since he was out the door before us on another truck...that person is going to be questioned.