Weird Inhaling

LittleLuka

Okay so obviously Luka can stare at something weird and I panic because he's my little baby. Haha, i've gotten a lot better but there's something he's done the past 2 nights that's just really weird.

He acts normal, runs around like a lunatic when i get home, eats, drinks, etc. but the past two nights when we've gotten in bed he does this really fast, loud breathing like he's sucking in air. He takes like 2-3 inhales only and then he's done and he goes to sleep. It's just the strangest thing and it freaks you out when he does it. It's not a reverse sneeze as it doesn't sound the same it just sounds like he's loudly inhaling and not exhaling.

Anybody have any clue what this is? Allergies? it's only in my bedroom in my bed. he naps in the living room sometimes and he doesn't do it then so it's not a just when he sleeps thing.

Before I call the vet and they think I'm crazier than I already am, thought I'd ask here. haha

I'm trying to think if either of mine have done that, and I can't remember honestly lol.  Yukon makes a lot of noises but mostly just grunts and groans when you move him and he doesn't want to be moved.  And sometimes he breathes hard through his nose and blows snot all over you, that's always a treat :eek:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I know mine breathes a bit differently when he's drifting off to sleep. He'll make different sounds, whimpers, grumbles during sleep too (dreaming!), sometimes the sounds are so loud they wake me up and scare the crap outta me!

EDIT: Now that I read it again, I think I know what you mean. Suka does this all the time when he's drifting off to sleep (inhale loudly and exhale a lot quieter.), it sounds normal to me.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I know mine breathes a bit differently when he's drifting off to sleep. He'll make different sounds, whimpers, grumbles during sleep too (dreaming!), sometimes the sounds are so loud they wake me up and scare the crap outta me!

EDIT: Now that I read it again, I think I know what you mean. Suka does this all the time when he's drifting off to sleep (inhale loudly and exhale a lot quieter.), it sounds normal to me.

he doesn't exhale at all. its like hes taking 2-3 sharp breaths in and it's loud. but if we're still talking about the same thing i feel much better lol. it's only right before he goes to sleep and it's the past 2 nights.

I'm trying to think if either of mine have done that, and I can't remember honestly lol.  Yukon makes a lot of noises but mostly just grunts and groans when you move him and he doesn't want to be moved.  And sometimes he breathes hard through his nose and blows snot all over you, that's always a treat :eek:

LOL sounds like a treat hahah

he doesn't exhale at all. its like hes taking 2-3 sharp breaths in and it's loud. but if we're still talking about the same thing i feel much better lol. it's only right before he goes to sleep and it's the past 2 nights.

Yeah, I still think we're talking about the same thing, lol.

But could it be possible he's sniffing the air a little before he falls asleep? I know when Suka sniffs stuff, his inhales are very short and loud, but you can't hear the exhale because he hasn't breathed in enough air to make an audible exhale?? If that makes sense?

Yeah, I still think we're talking about the same thing, lol.

But could it be possible he's sniffing the air a little before he falls asleep? I know when Suka sniffs stuff, his inhales are very short and loud, but you can't hear the exhale because he hasn't breathed in enough air to make an audible exhale?? If that makes sense?

his mouth is opened though. the only example i can think of is if you took drugs (like huffing) how you would inhale very quickly and sharply. lol obviously i'm overreacting. thank you for bearing with me elyse.