It's Been A Year!

Removed #5

Since I went to San Antonio to bring Sasha home with me. 

We ( she and I ) would like to thank all of you who put up with frustration because there were really some serious times where I wondered if I was going to keep her or not.

Over the year, we've finally reached a "place" where we can enjoy each others company.  Nope, she hasn't used the kitchen floor as a latrine for a couple of months now - in fact will wake me up in the middle of the night (Argh!) if she really has to go out. She hasn't even growled at me as I do things (like pick up her food bowl). We're getting to the point that I don't feel like my arm is getting pulled off when we go for a walk.

She and Avalanche have gotten to the point that they're playing with each other - though she's not anywhere near as playful as he is.

As with most of our furred friends, it's been a year of pleasure and pain, frustration and anger and surprise as each new realization that she is becoming a relaxed, loved - and loving - member of my family.

See folks, it does work!  Sometimes it feels like there's no hope, that they're going to be hopeless! Given time and a lot of patience ....

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very much a fraud with my dog. When I got him 6 months ago, he was loving, dog friendly, people friendly, not a food thief or escape artist - all in all, definitely faulty from the descriptions you often come across. Over the past 6 months, he's just got more so in all of these traits. For all that he did pull, he still pulls but not so much, and gives loads of pleasure when harnessing this on the bike. Without doubt, the best dog I've ever had.

That is awesome Al.... I am glad to see I am not the only husky owner who has been at their whits end with their husky. Thanks for all your help when it comes to my furbaby (considering he listens about as good as a husband in fur and runs like mad and gets into everything like a kid with fur).