Balto Puppy Tooth

CARRINGTON

Last night I was going to brush Balto's teeth like I do every other day. As I started to brush along his lower jaw he started whimpering and squirming. Usually he tries to squirm but never whimper, so I opened his mouth to see what was going on. His bottom right canine is coming in, but the baby one has not fallen out. It is really loose and when I tried to move it he screamed murder. Well our vet was closed and we had puppy classes and our trainer looked at him and said wait until morning for it to come out. Well it is morning and it still has not come out but is a little looser. He is eating fine, playing, drinking, pooping all normal. What should we do, should we wait for it to come out or should we ring the vet?

I agree, it should come out soon.  Nikko had one of his canine teeth come in next to the puppy tooth and it actually broke off and there was just a piece of it still in his gums.  I called my vet and she said it would come out, but if I wanted they could remove it for me, but it would be expensive because he would have to be put under.  It came out the next day!

it'll fall out! take a washcloth wet it with water and freeze it. i usually twist mine before i freeze. give it to him... it'll make his gums feel better!

I forgot about the wash cloth trick!  I did that with Nikko when he was teething.  It worked well and he loved it! 

With the washcloth he can chew on it longer and it is bigger so it won't loose the ice cube like mine seem to do.  Get it really went, and bunch it up and put it in the freezer.  Once it's frozen then it will be pretty solid to get those puppy teeth worked out.  I used to freeze the plastic fake keys, and the nylabones too.  Also a frozen kong works great for teething pups as well.

Did he loose the tooth yet?

Yes we had to pull it  a little last night. It was just dangling there and it was turning black so we held him still pulled the rest out. We have been checking on it and it looks healed and I doesn't even notice.

Yes we had to pull it  a little last night. It was just dangling there and it was turning black so we held him still pulled the rest out. We have been checking on it and it looks healed and I doesn't even notice.

That is great!  Good to hear that it is no longer bothering him.