Do You Consider Yourself A 'good' Person?

Smokey

Do you consider yourself a 'good' person? By 'good' I mean, do you try not to hurt other people; do you help animals/humans by volunteering or providing other services; have you ever betrayed someone; do you rip people off; are you an honest person...etc.

To answer this question myself, I don't know if I'm a good person. I try not to hurt people or betray them but I've in the past and I've learned from it. I often think about hurting people (not necessarily physically) but never acted upon it...I've volunteered before for soup kitchens...I've never knowingly ripped anyone off but working in sales before I may have...I'm a bit too honest and its gotten me in a fair amount of trouble so I am learning to keep my mouth shut about certain things around certain people...

Overall I'd say I'm not a bad person. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm a good person but I dunno...

I think that I am human, and have strengths and weaknesses. I have a soft spot for people/animals who are suffering, but I can also be vindictive and mean spirited if someone has hurt me or someone I care about. I wish I was a person who didn't hold grudges, but I do. I have a tendency to lie to cover up things that I think might upset someone else if I don't think it was something wrong to begin with (like I'm considering lying about how much this vet bill is to OH so he doesn't get all nasty over it). I am mostly honest in my dealings though, I've walked back into a store to pay for something that the cashier forgot to charge me for. I've "loaned" thousands of dollars to people, sometimes nearly strangers, that I'll never see again. But I won't hesitate to think mean, nasty thoughts and wish bad things on people who are cruel to me.

I think I'm a good person. I try to help people as often as I can, try to think the best in people, I like to volunteer (though mostly in animal related work), I try to not offend or hurt other people (very considerate). I'm 'furiously loyal', as my friends call me, and while it takes a long time to get me to trust you (been betrayed a lot in the past because I've been 'too nice')...once I'm your friend I'm your friend for life, though thick and thin, sometimes to a fault. I've returned extra money I've gotten from cashiers, give people back money they haven't noticed they've dropped. I'm generally an honest person. When people on the street ask for change, I usually don't give another thought and give them some change; its their fault if they use it for drugs and not for food/the bus/etc.

Although, I am human. I do tend to lie if it will get me out of a tight spot or if it will make another person feel better. I hold grudges against people; when I'm angry I tend to be passive aggressive instead of outright confrontation. When I'm under a lot of stress and/or am experiencing a lot of anxiety, I'm the complete opposite: self-centered/selfish, mean, vindictive, angry, inconsiderate. You should see me around exam time - I'm a vicious monster!

I don't think I'm a bad person but on the flip side I'm probably not that good a person either. I don't like to hurt people "physically". Unfortunately I have a very rare genetic problem. Because of this problem if I'm drawn into a physical sort of conflict I can do immense damage so I had to learn to control myself. These days if I'm upset by someone I have a tendency to hurt with my tongue. I tend to do less damage that way ;)  I do try to help others the best I can. If someone dropped their purse or wallet I would chase them down the road to return it to them but if a large company made the mistake of giving me money that they shouldn't have they can go sing for it. I can be moody and downright obnoxious at times and this has gotten me into trouble on more than one occassion but on the whole I like to think that I am a generally nice person. You just need to understand me. :D  

Gary.

I try to be, like anyone I have made mistakes in the past and have really hurt some people before, but I have learnt and strive to never make the same mistakes twice :) 

All anyone can do really, we're only human :)

I'm not the type to be nasty to someone's face, and I would never physically hurt someone.

My big downfall is that I get carried away and normal criticism turns into a full on gossip session without me realizing until afterwards, I also tend to just 'go' with other people and say things I don't agree with and that shouldn't be said.

Behind it all I actually don't judge a lot, I suppose it's just an easy thing to fall into.

I consider myself a 'decent' person though I definitly could be a better person.

I dont think im a bad person but i am very outspoken and tend to tell people what i think.I never run my mouth behind peoples backs though i always tell them straight up..I volunteer at the local animal shelters every weekend when im off...i also watch peoples animals and houses when they leave for a while..i probably could do more if i tryed

To be honest, I do consider myself and my husband to be good, honest people. However, I have the ability to be a *(&^# when I need to be. I don't let people walk all over me or use me. I am opinionated too.

I don't necessarily volunteer, because there's not a lot of it available around here. When I was in high school, I mentored a younger student, and helped out the local VFW. I am a photographer, now, and sometimes I do free work for the local committees that are in town. It is free advertising for me, even though I never get any business from it.

I do a lot of things for other people, I go out of my way to make others happy. I often times don't expect things in return... but it hurts my feelings when those people don't think of me...

I don't steal or rip people off. If I find an error on my part, I make sure to let my customer know. I am a generous tipper when we go out to eat...I hold doors open for other people, I let older people go in front of me in line.

I send thank you cards after my birthday and Christmas to let people know I appreciate them celebrating it for me. I bake for the neighbor who plows our driveway in the winter. I pay people who watch our house while we are gone. I do things for other people even when they can't pay me.

We abide by the laws, pay our taxes, work our butts off as good citizens and mind our own business.

The only thing that bothers me about being a nice person and following the rules is, it always seems to back fire on us.