Kong Cloud Collar Vs. E-Collar

Mobezilla

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which collar to use post-spay surgery?

• Kong Cloud Collar
    • E-Collar

I was going to head to bed, but wanted to post this thread first lol.

Yuki is to be spayed soon. March 18th, the date is coming up quickly! The vet provides and recommends using a Kong Cloud Collar for females, dunno why, but I personally like the idea of it as it looks more comfy than the E-collar.

She will have to be crated for about five hours when I go to work. She will have pain meds for three days post-surgery.

Here's my concern: Is the Kong Cloud Collar easy to take off/chew out of? I do not want her taking her stitches out while unsupervised, so I am trying to get opinions and experiences here to see which collar will most likely stay on while I'm gone. So... Kong Cloud Collar.. or E-Collar?

Just had our Eisa into the vet for some surgery. Started her off from the vet with an e-collar. She had it off before we got home. Tried the cloud collar, but that did not last either. It depends on your dog, which will work best. I personally like the inevitable cloud collar. Sorry not anything definitive.

Never tried a cloud collar but reading the reviews it looks good.

Ecollars have never survived my dogs

I only have used the ecollar.  Rori had one when she was spayed and did great with it.  Rusty suffered from a scratched cornea from playing with her.  When Rusty was attacked and had surgery to repair his abdomen and penis he did not do well with it.  I wish I had known about the cloud collar with him.  We ended up putting boxerbriefs on him and found that more beneficial.  I would try both.  Unfortunatly it is not a answer but I would say it's worth it to keep them as comfortable as possible.

Hmm, thanks for the replies everyone! I grew up with two females but they were spayed when I was 3 years old so I don't remember it at all, and Cloud is a male so when he was neutered the surgery was a lot less invasive and he healed fairly quickly within a few days. I used an E-collar on him, but he completely froze and was too afraid to even try to take it off, poor guy. I think I may go with the Kong Cloud Pillow, and if she manages to easily rip through it, I'll get an E-collar as well and double them up if I can :D Thanks for all your advice!