What Is Your Hobby?..

Keanu

...apart from your huskies of course :D What keeps you going, any interest, passion, usual, unusual, quiet, adventorous, private or social?... I recently got into dog showing, athough not without "but"... I appreciate those shows that award the natural skills of dogs, e.g. Hunting, tracing, pulling (this is the reason I have a pointer and a husky). I do not like shows that award purely aesthetic side of dogs. I could never keep or breed toy breeds and spend entire year grooming, bathing and carrying in a handbag lol I also love cultures and languages, I speak Polish, English, Italian (as far as it goes lol) and I am interested in philosophy. I am also subscribed to Vouge Uk but I am not a "fashion freak" it is rather to see the trends, probably I have a hidden designer inside me:) My OH is very much into chess and stargazing lol.. Oh and gundogs. If the is anybody here who plays chess, Graham plays via email:) Oh, and I like music, especially jazz. What about others?...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've lost a lot of my hobbies tbh, such as Clarinet.

I love learning about different cultures and languages. I'm doing spanish at the moment.

I'm hoping to start a journalism course next year and will possibly be doing more work experience.

I am a little into fashion though I don't always go with what's 'in' if I can't see a reason for it.
I generally like to be a little different but not too noticable at the same time.

I also enjoy pilates and other toning exercises and try to look after my skin.

Cooking is a hobby though not one I chose. 
The only reason I cook is because I'm fussy when it comes to food, lol. I cringe at the pesky amount of vegies people use in their meals.   :facepalm:

I enjoy a bit of fishing, nothing like sitting by the side of a lake with not a care in the world. SOOOOO relaxing. During the winter months Ilike to build models, trucks cars etc. and during the summer I have my classic car which I take to shows and carry out repairs to, although, these days, the repairs are few and far between.

Gary.

Well between work and the kennel I have very little time LOL, my hobbies include my dogs with Conformation Showing, Dog Sledding/Carting, and Weight Pulling.  We'll be adding hiking for our working pack dog this summer, and continuing my own physical training for work :)

I'm into shooting/firearms a lot. I enjoy going to the range, or a field and relieving stress.

I'm also into politics. I read political books a lot, and I'm starting to read some books on economics.

I will get into chess in spurts. Meaning I'll start playing/studying a little for about a month, then not do anything for several months. I'm not good compared to an avid player, but would beat probably 85% of random people who know how the pieces move, but don't know openings or strategy.

I've played drums most of my life. My father was a drummer, so I started early. Been on the back burner recently.

I'm into shooting/firearms a lot. I enjoy going to the range, or a field and relieving stress.

I'm also into politics. I read political books a lot, and I'm starting to read some books on economics.

I will get into chess in spurts. Meaning I'll start playing/studying a little for about a month, then not do anything for several months. I'm not good compared to an avid player, but would beat probably 85% of random people who know how the pieces move, but don't know openings or strategy.

I've played drums most of my life. My father was a drummer, so I started early. Been on the back burner recently.

Ponder you sound like all my family collected together LOL

I am into politics as well, my OH is professional economist (we love discussing Robert Peston books together), my brother is a professional drummer in a rock/jazz band.

I think Graham would love to have a game with you, I shall pm you his email address. He is good and wins most of games, the only people he cannot beat for some reason are French lOl

I love cooking although when you're doing it every day for upwards of seven or more it can become a chore. Is reading a hobby? Lol I enjoy losing myself in a book but have trouble putting it down once I start. I used to do archery ( recurve bows) and did learn basic Spanish a few yrs ago but have lost most of it through lack of use which is sad as I really enjoyed it.

I'd like to try working with stained glass but that would be expensive and not possible at the moment, plus I'd need to evict a few bodies to make room for it!

reading is my main one at the moment, i used to be really involved in music, i play a fair few instruments but i predominantly played the clarinet in a local orchestra, sadly i haven't time for that anymore which is a shame as i used to love playing in concerts 

I love to read, and read about 15 books a month on average, sometimes more, and sometimes a lot more ;)   

I love music, mostly rock/metal, I have listed this as a hobby because it takes up quite a lot of my time lol.  

I love glass, so have a small stained glass studio at home and am now learning how to engrave on glass, it is slow going though, as it is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.  I also play around with wood engraving.

That's about it ........

For several years this was my hobby and my life.  I bought her used and completely stock.  I spent time and a ton of money building her into a unique show car.  The last 7 years have been unkind to her.  She sits in the driveway getting no love.  The job I currently have (last 7 years) is so unpredictable that I have no time.  It breaks my heart to see her just sit.  I have tried selling her because I hate seeing her ignored the way she is.

post-5898-0-14868500-1362934568.jpg

I completely forgot about cars!!! lol I've always been into cars went to alot of "car meets" with my Peugeot 206 lol and then i got into Japanese cars got a Honda Del Sol, then sold that and got a Civic then got another Del sol ,.... and then another so i have two currently :) lol