Shedding

ChristieL

Invest in a FURmintator.  It helps with the shedding.  I do take mine to the groomers to have them use the deshedding shampoo and the FURmintator brush out, and it does help for a week or so.  Mine haven't blown their coats, they just shed constantly.

Two of mine are blowing their coats right now and I know it will trigger the other three sooner or later.. and ill be taking them to the groomer and doing what Jason described above because it really does help somewhat. I did it with Echo when he was 8 months old (he was my first siberian husky) and it helped a little. Good luck

Thanks...oh mylanta I had no idea that they shed so bad..but I love my baby

This is why we advocate that before taking on a Husky that you do your research.

"If you're eating a meal without hair in it you're not a husky owner"

"A hairy house is a husky house"

"I eat it, I drink it, I wear it. . . Husky hair"

yep, shedding comes with the breed!  I'd stay away from the Furminator since it is detrimental to the coat, invest in a pin brush, undercoat rake, and slicker brushes.  Also when the undercoat is loose you can take the dog in for a grooming (either professional or self), warm bathe and high velocity blow dry really helps tons and saves the coat.