Rude Dog Walkers!!!

Devildust76

Now I know Kodiak could probably look a bit daunting to some people when walking him, and if you hear him wooing and grumbling I guess it could be misunderstood. BUT I was out with him earlier and we came across two women with about 5 tiny, yappy dogs between them. Kodiak didn't really pay them any attention as they walked towards us as he was more intent on sniffing the long grass we were walking through. As they approached us I pulled him to the side in an obvious gesture to let them pass, Kodi at this point was still not paying them any attention. Instead of walking past us they seemed to take another path through some trees so I thought they were by-passing us altogether so I started to walk down the path again only to see them waiting in-between the two paths. As soon as their dogs clapped eyes on Kodiak they all went crazy. Now he doesn't really pay any dog that much notice if they bark at him when we are walking so he carried on slowly walking past them then he decided to stop and sniff and pee quite near them. At this point both of the women made a move to go and took their yapping, snarling pooches with them but as they walked away I looked at them and they both gave me the dirtiest looks ever and rolled their eyes at me. Cue Simon losing the plot and asking them if that was really necessary to which they responded "Well our dogs are scared of yours' to which I replied "My dog hasn't paid yours the least bit of attention and it's yours that are doing all of the barking!' They then had the cheek to say to me that they thought I should have 'better' control over my dog. My dog who wasn't even looking at their crazy, yappy, balls of attitude. Needless to say what I replied can't be typed on here but it wasn't very nice!!!

Feel better now thanks for listening :D

Yep - there are a couple people here like that too. It's annoying, because Suka is one of those dogs that is set off when a dog barks at him or postures in any way.

In my experience, when the owners say their little dogs are scared...usually its the owners themselves who are scared of your dog!

Even though Chula is still little, people with little dogs already cross the street or take another path.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be women with little dogs who are more likely to get out of the way. Guys with dogs, big or little, seem to have no problem bringing their dog to approach Chula. Or maybe they just want to approach me ;)

(hahahah I'm old and washed up now, that's very unlikely)