Please Help Me?

KBS

I wasn't going to write a "live" post and send the administrators private messages.

However, I'm writing this with tears streaming... I received, over the weekend a rather nasty letter from my Landlord advising that the other flats have complained about Bo and her howling when i go to work.

He has told me that I will have to get rid of her or move out, immediately. I have been searching all weekend for privately rented places and all are "no pets allowed".

I have contacted the breeder and she is trying to help me rehome Bo... I just can't stop crying that I've got to give my girl up or face homelessness.

I have no family that could take her and most of my friends also work and/or have dogs of their own, I have explored every possible way..

Please advise on what to do?

Surely he has no right to tell you to get out immediately. He may have grounds to give you notice but it has to be done in the correct way. I would be reading through the terms and conditions of my rental agreement in the first instance and then deal with the problem when you have. Can you not find some one who can foster her until you can get yourself sorted out. Where are you?

Gary.

The other questions are how long have you had Bo and how long has she been howling for. I would also be talking to the other residents and asking them if they have complained to him. He may just be trying to pull a fast one, you never know. If the other residents had a problem why didn't they discuss it with you. People like this make me sick. I am having problems with our housing association at the moment as well.

Contact your local CAB as well, as mentioned I'm sure you can't be made homeless without going through certain criteria. Contact your local council as well and explain e situation an how you're being treated.

You're in panic mode at the moment, you'll not be thinking clearly or functioning as well as you could. The CAB can support you which is what you need.

Unfortunately he is right, I went to see the other flats yesterday, I do get on ok with them. They all told me that they had spoken to him but didn't want to come to me direct as it may upset me.... You think?!

The flat directly above me works shifts and she does keep them awake with her howling, some mornings I leave at 4/5am to get into London and she wakes them up then too.

Mum comes to fetch her about 9/10am but by that time they are awake and not happy..

I know she's going to have to be rehomed, it maybe the kind thing to do for her and I need to stop feeling so selfish... :(

Kbs I might be able to foster her for you if need be but she must be good with other dogs. If you want to pm we can discuss it I am always willing to help people that can't keep there dogs I know I would hate to rehome any of my babies

Kbs I might be able to foster her for you if need be but she must be good with other dogs. If you want to pm we can discuss it I am always willing to help people that can't keep there dogs I know I would hate to rehome any of my babies

I can vouch for Christie also she fostered my boy for me when i left my ex and had no where i could keep him she was so good to me as it took me 11 months before i finally got him back and i went and stayed over every weekend :)

hi I'm sorry you have to be in this hard situation :( I don't have too many suggestions but...

1. Have you tried turning on a radio/TV for Bo when you're gone? I know this doesn't always work, but I've seen it working almost instantly on my aunt's neighbor's dog. Little Mickey barks, howls and destroys the house whenever left alone, just like a typical dog with Separation Anxiety (SA). Then the owner turned the radio on for him whenever they have to leave him alone and it worked like magic. Worth a try?

2. Still trying to solve the howling-when-left-alone problem here.. maybe you can leave a frozen Kong for her or ask somebody to check on her while you're gone? Does she have a favorite four-legged friend? Maybe having a company when you're not home would help? I'm not sure adding another dog wouldn't worsen the problem though.... 

3. I'll second what Christie and Storm says. Maybe she can be fostered while you're looking for a new place to live?

I was going to offer the same as long as she is OK with other dogs, but I'm pleased Christie got in first as my wife would probably kill me. Good luck with what ever you end up doing.

if you think you have till the end of April, you have a fair few weeks to look for alternative accommodation where you could both live though that may not resolve what appears to be seperation anxiety, I would look into ways of helping Bo overcome that issue too. Long term, look at having her fostered like Christie has suggested until you do find somewhere suitable, at least then you are under no pressure to rehome her & have the time you need to go house hunting