My Fostering Journey

LittleLuka

Just thought I'd start a thread about my adventures while fostering... As you all know Sera didn't work out in our home. :( She is doing quite well at her foster home right now and will hopefully be adopted soon.

I get my new foster tonight. Her name is Roxy and she is an 8 month old Mally weighing in at 78lbs. If she wasn't pulled she was to be euthanized today as she was an owner surrender. They said she was too big. So she's coming to stay with me for awhile. Haha This should be interesting... Will post pictures later

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yep! I think my boy is a Mally cross, so I feel your pain when it comes to their pulling power!

Hope things work out with this one.

And gah - I HATE it when people give up their dogs for dumb reasons like: "they are too big! I didn't want a dog of this size and blah blah blah blah"

LOL yep! I think my boy is a Mally cross, so I feel your pain when it comes to their pulling power!

Hope things work out with this one.

And gah - I HATE it when people give up their dogs for dumb reasons like: "they are too big! I didn't want a dog of this size and blah blah blah blah"

apparently she isn't aware that she's huge, she thinks she's small and that was an issue for the family. and she isn't good with little dogs or toddlers as she knocks them down on accident.

LOL. Well, 78 pounds isn't HUGE per say...lots of dogs are bigger than that, but it certainly is getting up there. And seeing as she isn't done growing, its a little unfair to call her small. But you know, stupid people...

Looking forward to those pics. :)

Ohhh wow she is lovely! :D How they all getting on?

won't get her till today now. her transport was late yesterday so she didn't get to me in time. she is apparently very submissive though and just a big playful puppy so i don't think we're going to have any problems. i think a submissive female is what i need for mine.