It's Mean, But I Hate My Husband's Dog!

HugTheBear

I don't think Asha will be coming home. She is doing well with the MP. He has a house no other dogs, no kids, and divorced. Oh and he has a HUGE backyard that is fenced. His wife took his dogs. I get to see her once in a while. But it makes me so angry. My OHs dog is such an asshole. I know they don't get along very well and I was sick of her being blamed. He is always starting fights. He is just a very dominant dog. He doesn't growl or show his teeth. He just kinda pushes his way in other dogs space, takes their food, stands over them. UGH. And he never listens to me EVER. Leans on me too, humps everyone who walks in the house. Marks once in a while still. GR. I know it's mean to say I hate the dog. I guess I just really dislike the dog. My husband never helps with him. I am always bathing him, wiping his butt and wrinkles, and taking him for walks and to the dog park. I mean don't get me wrong he is a good dog but if any dog growls or warns him he fights with them. Doesn't happen much at the dog park luckily. But with my moms dog and husbands dog. I had to replace a glass kitchen table over a dog fight. And had been bitten by Asha in the knee when I was breaking it up. He does well with the puppies and dogs that don't have a strong personality. Sorry just ranting at nothing.

Can't rant at my OH about his dog. -sigh Sorry for the all over the place rant.

So you're gonna have to give up Asha, and live with a dog you hate.

That's really bad.

:grouphug:

He wants his dog. It's my husky we rehomed. His dog was here first. And him and Asha keep fighting. And with a kid he decided we have to make it stop. She has a wonderful home. But yes I do everything with and for his dog. It's frustrating.

:(  No kidding. I hope the guy doesn't get fed up of me asking how she is.

In regards to this, I rehomed Mishka at the beginning of the summer last year and I'm still in contact with her old owner, he loved her dearly, so I think it's only fair he gets to know how she is, we visit him once in a while and he looked after her for a week when I had to go away, so don't worry about him getting fed up, it's only fair that you get to know how your dog is doing :) 

no of course he won't.. that only shows how much you care about your baby girl :) I'm sorry it came down to this :( gotta be tough :(

It's very sad. And he doesn't seem like it. I kinda stopped a little bit. I'll check in once in a while.

In regards to this, I rehomed Mishka at the beginning of the summer last year and I'm still in contact with her old owner, he loved her dearly, so I think it's only fair he gets to know how she is, we visit him once in a while and he looked after her for a week when I had to go away, so don't worry about him getting fed up, it's only fair that you get to know how your dog is doing :)

That's awesome. He did sign paper saying if anything happened she'd come home to us and not to be put up on any websites where she could be flipped. I am glad she is spayed. He let me stop by and see her for a few minutes. She does seem to be doing better over there. A lot less stress is put on her.

...I really don't even know what to say. I would get rid of my boyfriend before I EVER got rid of my own dogs. A dog is a lifetime commitment, if you guys are able to bring a new puppy into a house, you shouldn't be getting rid of the dog that was there first. I know you were having issues with Asha and your other dog, but you need to work through them and help Asha be the best she can be, not just do the quick fix. I'm sorry this may come off as harsh, but I see things like this everyday around here and it drives me insane.

Is his dog neutered? What happens when Juneau grows up and his dogs acts the same way to her? If you guys don't get someone to come in your home and work with his dog, you're not going to fix anything..

Yeah he is fixed. He still marks sometimes though. Both had dominant personality's, nothing was getting better. I can't have that in the house all of the time. Unfortunately his dog was here first. It's a Olde English Bulldog. And I have told him he needs better training.. He just says he is a Bulldog and thats how bulldogs are. I have tried to rehome the Bulldog. I drove 12 hours to pick him up after the people have had him a few months. They complained about the same problems. He is a pain in the ass at the park if ANY dog shows any dominance he will chase them and hump them and stand over them. Usually there is no fight unless the other dog stands his ground. I have already said we should have kept Asha here because nothing is going to change, actually had that conversation at the dog park as he was humping a dog about 60 pounds smaller than him. The puppy wasn't a quick fix and neither was rehoming. I have replaced broken glass from a kitchen table because of a nasty fight.

His Dog is okay with other dogs if they are female submissive. Or male puppies. I actually would like to go talk to the guy with Asha and give him this Bulldogge for her. And we have tried to work with him. He doesn't listen. It's like talking to a baked potato!

No not Harsh. I get what you're saying, but we do have a small kid and she is number one priority, I was bitten for breaking up a fight and I have been bitten being too close. I wouldn't have wanted that to happen to her. And he is my Husband not Boyfriend. Lol.

...I really don't even know what to say. I would get rid of my boyfriend before I EVER got rid of my own dogs. A dog is a lifetime commitment, if you guys are able to bring a new puppy into a house, you shouldn't be getting rid of the dog that was there first. I know you were having issues with Asha and your other dog, but you need to work through them and help Asha be the best she can be, not just do the quick fix. I'm sorry this may come off as harsh, but I see things like this everyday around here and it drives me insane.

Is his dog neutered? What happens when Juneau grows up and his dogs acts the same way to her? If you guys don't get someone to come in your home and work with his dog, you're not going to fix anything..

Yeah he is fixed. He still marks sometimes though. Both had dominant personality's, nothing was getting better. I can't have that in the house all of the time. Unfortunately his dog was here first. It's a Olde English Bulldog. And I have told him he needs better training.. He just says he is a Bulldog and thats how bulldogs are. I have tried to rehome the Bulldog. I drove 12 hours to pick him up after the people have had him a few months. They complained about the same problems. He is a pain in the ass at the park if ANY dog shows any dominance he will chase them and hump them and stand over them. Usually there is no fight unless the other dog stands his ground. I have already said we should have kept Asha here because nothing is going to change, actually had that conversation at the dog park as he was humping a dog about 60 pounds smaller than him. The puppy wasn't a quick fix and neither was rehoming. I have replaced broken glass from a kitchen table because of a nasty fight.

His Dog is okay with other dogs if they are female submissive. Or male puppies. I actually would like to go talk to the guy with Asha and give him this Bulldogge for her. And we have tried to work with him. He doesn't listen. It's like talking to a baked potato!

No not Harsh. I get what you're saying, but we do have a small kid and she is number one priority, I was bitten for breaking up a fight and I have been bitten being too close. I wouldn't have wanted that to happen to her. And he is my Husband not Boyfriend. Lol.

I know, I was just stating I would get rid of my boyfriend lol, even if we were married when the situation arose. I care about my dogs a lot more then him, not to be ridiculous but it's the truth. They depend on me, he doesn't. I got them and promised them a forever home and that is what they're going to get.

I don't know, you don't know how Juneau is going to grow up to be like. She could grow up having an identical personality to Asha, and then you're rehoming another dog. Most female Huskies I've come across are all very dominant. Both of my females are, and so is my friends female. I just really think you guys need to sit down and really think and talk about this whole situation.

I grew up with Bulldogs and they were never dominant at all, they were all really chilled and relaxed so it's really weird to me that you're having issues like that with him. Yes they can be stubborn but that's the only issue I had with them.

I know, I was just stating I would get rid of my boyfriend lol, even if we were married when the situation arose. I care about my dogs a lot more then him, not to be ridiculous but it's the truth. They depend on me, he doesn't. I got them and promised them a forever home and that is what they're going to get.

I don't know, you don't know how Juneau is going to grow up to be like. She could grow up having an identical personality to Asha, and then you're rehoming another dog. Most female Huskies I've come across are all very dominant. Both of my females are, and so is my friends female. I just really think you guys need to sit down and really think and talk about this whole situation.

I grew up with Bulldogs and they were never dominant at all, they were all really chilled and relaxed so it's really weird to me that you're having issues like that with him. Yes they can be stubborn but that's the only issue I had with them.

I guess before she gets bigger we should get someone in to see how his dog is and help us out with him. I don't know why he is the way he is. I give that dog nothing, no more furniture, no treats, no bones, I don't pet him when he leans on me or stands over my feet. I make him sit to get his food. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I give Juneau higher value chews too. He gets a plain rawhide and she will get a pig ear or hoof. And if he inches his way over we tell him no and move him away and give him his chew toy. Even if it is same value chews. He rarely gets them though.

He is good so far with her. He lets her chew his face to pieces. She hangs off of it sometimes. I hope you're not right about her growing to have a personality like Asha. And I can't rehome another dog. I won't. I already told my husband she is staying. We will have to hire someone.

Yeah he is VERY. He won't hump my husband. But he humps my friends, his friends, our family. Once my dads wife was on her hands and knees playing with out little one and he came right up behind her and started humping. He jump on a chair and humped my grandpa. After people play with him like tug o war or fetch, he humps them too. I don't know what to do with this dog, but it is VERY embarrassing.

I have two dominant females at the moment and i'm trying to work out their issues. Maya is only dominant with other dogs, she wouldn't dare be dominant with a person. Maya will shove other dogs out of the way who are getting attention, usually she'll attack them if they don't back off immediately. She does listen to other dogs though when they growl at her. Most of her fights are noise too. Kay doesn't listen to the other dogs in the house and does whatever she feels like. If they growl and tell her off she won't back down and will attack them. It's very frustrating, i know. I'm sure it's more frustrating with him being dominant to people and marking.