I Need Experienced Opinions On Crates!

love4Luna

Hi all! I will be picking up sweet Luna this weekend to take home, and we will be crate training. In your opinion/s, which work best? Plastic crates, or the metal wire crates??? I am stuck on this, haha. Also, not sure of the size. Would a 36"/L be okay, or the 42"/XL? Thank you in advance.

Amber

:)

Yuki's crate is 36 inches long by 23 inches wide by 25 inches tall. It's perfect for her and will fit her even if she gets up to about 50 pounds, probably even 60. Although I don't expect her to go past 40. She is 18 inches tall to the shoulder and 20 inches long from shoulder to base of tail and weighs 36.2 pounds, and this is how she fits in it right now. Plenty of room :D So I think the 36 inch would be fine!

post-8679-0-45602700-1363134572_thumb.jp

I agree with the metal ones. I have metal ones for each of mine. When they were younger I just had the divider in there, just enough for them to lay down Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a 36" for aurora. We didnt use the divider since it didnt fit :(

But we had a potty mat one half and blanket the other. Seemed to work and also she no longer has a mat as she tore it up.

She woke me up for potty several times at night and now sleeps from 10:30 - 5:30 when daddy gets up for work.

Get yourself a high end quality metal crate with a separator its the best to train for potty training and i put a little blanket and nylabone inside or a kong something that they can releive stress or anxiety inside the crate and i feed the puppy for few months in the crate, so it create happyness to be inside and slowly it become their house a place that they feel secure. My big girl now is loose in the house and she does really great never broke a thing or chew a thing in the house and the puppy is in the crate and he does very well