Do Your Dogs Keep Each Other In Line?

Julieanne

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do Your Pets Keep Each Other In Line?

• Yes
    • No

Our Collie is 13 years old and she knows very well that digging in the garden is not allowed.

Rafeal decided he'd give it a try though each time she would bark until he stopped.

Our Collie is very protective of her family so she seems to like putting other dogs in their place.

Do yours ever do this?

I had to vote no LOL.  Mostly because mine are still young and they are close in age.  Nikko gets in trouble all the time, and I have almost never had to yell at Yukon, and he is the youngest!  It’s kind of funny because I think Nikko will do something and leave the scene once Yukon checks it out, so it always looks like Yukon is left holding the bag!

Yup!! Whenever Yuki tries to tangle or play with Cloud on the leash (which isnt allowed) Cloud will bark and growl at her until she stops. Whenever Cloud is digging in his crate (he tries to burrow) Yuki barks at him because it annoys her. If Yuki tries to go into the road or pick something off the ground on our walks, Cloud will snap at her and push her back onto the path. If Cloud is trying to beg for food, Yuki wrestles him away. They're so nice to me ;D

In some ways mine do.  When Rori is chasing the cats most of the time Rusty will get there first to protect them.  Vader when he begins whining sometimes they will head to the bedroom so he can get out and potty.  When Rusty and Vader are playing together Rori has a fit from her crate in the bedroom and they ignore her.  Rori pees on our bed to keep Rusty away from it and it does not work.  Rori hoards the toys to prevent the others from playing with them and Rusty has been challenging her and taking them from her lately.  When Rusty and Rori are playing Rusty jumps into his favorite chair or by us for a time out.  If she does not listen she gets a correction from him that just winds her up more.  He then runs to the bedroom door to be let in to get away from her.  He gets picked on a lot because he is the smallest and the most timid.  SO I don't know if it is keeping each other in check or if it is just chaos.

When we first brought ice home, bear was only 6 months old but yet she still followed him around as he explored the house, yipping at him anytime he tried to touch something that was hers, which in her mind was everything in the house! Lol. That's as far as it went though. Which is probably part of the reason he's a brat at times, he needs her to set him straight when he's being too rough, unfortunately that's not in her nature. I have to drag him off her sometimes because he's biting her so hard she's yelping in pain. I love him to death but he's such a sod sometimes.

When we first brought ice home, bear was only 6 months old but yet she still followed him around as he explored the house, yipping at him anytime he tried to touch something that was hers, which in her mind was everything in the house! Lol. That's as far as it went though. Which is probably part of the reason he's a brat at times, he needs her to set him straight when he's being too rough, unfortunately that's not in her nature. I have to drag him off her sometimes because he's biting her so hard she's yelping in pain. I love him to death but he's such a sod sometimes.

That is exactly what has happened with my two!

Maya will shove Kay and Sophie away from each other whenever they fight or their play fighting starts to get too intense. Maya then blocks Kay so that she can't go to Sophie and start the fight over again. Kay will growl and bark at Sophie when Sophie tries to play with her while they're pulling me on the scooter.