Good Vacuum

CARRINGTON

Balto is blowing his coat..... and I mean blowing..... I vacuumed the house the night before and the house was clean. Then it was bed time so we put him in the crate and went to sleep when I woke up hair was all around the cage and in the cage. When we moved the cage to vacuum again you saw the carpet the color it should be and all around it was white hair from his blowing his coat. I went to vacuum again and had to empty it twice before I finished vacuuming the whole house and collecting his massive amount of hair. I am not sure how long the vacuum will hold up so any suggestions on really good vacuums for a very fluffy shedding dog/cat

LOL - welcome to the wonderful world of huskies! :P

I use a Dyson. It's an older model, but it still works wonderfully and I've had it for 7 years. No loss of suction, no need for repairs, and it's used every day or so. (Suka doesn't really blow...more like sheds constantly all-year-round.)

I 'heard' the Dyson 'Animal' is good for fur, but I've never used it..

Dyson's are fabulous but they are also outrageously expensive. i have a bissell lift off upright pet vacuum. it works great and it's actually on sale for under 200 (which is better than what i paid for it)

http://www.target.com/p/bissell-lift-off-upright-pet-vacuum-red-full/-/A-13741043#prodSlot=medium_1_11

Yeah, sorry...forgot to mention they are pretty expensive, but they last a long time and I probably won't go to another brand because I love Dyson. The one I bought 7 years ago was....either $500 or $600?

haven't seen one here for less than 600 ... i spent 250 and mine works well enough where i'm pleased with it. eventually, i will buy a dyson but there are much more things i would rather spend my money on now haha.

Dyson's are fabulous but they are also outrageously expensive. i have a bissell lift off upright pet vacuum. it works great and it's actually on sale for under 200 (which is better than what i paid for it)

http://www.target.com/p/bissell-lift-off-upright-pet-vacuum-red-full/-/A-13741043#prodSlot=medium_1_11

I have been looking at those. Zach's mom has one and she loves it, I was looking at one called bissel pro clean with a pet hair brush thing for couches. At least I think it is a bissell....

Dyson animal...all the way!  Yes they are expensive though.  Retails for about $600.

I got the DC28 Animal.  If you look on amazon.com it sells for $359.99, also if you shop at Kohls and have a 20% off coupon you could get it at a good discount as well. 

I had a regular Dyson before I had dogs and I loved it, but with the dogs here and moving into a 2-story townhome I wanted a 2nd vacuum, and the animal version works much better

I have just never seen so much hair in my life except when we get out cat shaved and even then Balto is shedding more and still feels fluffy.... I just look at him and ask where is this all coming from? You would think you would be bald by now!!! He just looks at me odd and trots off

I have been looking at those. Zach's mom has one and she loves it, I was looking at one called bissel pro clean with a pet hair brush thing for couches. At least I think it is a bissell....

mine has a brush for furniture also. probably the same thing. :)

also it has an attachment you can actually use on your dog. i mean luka hates the vacuum so it would never work but a nice idea lol

Dyson animal...all the way!  Yes they are expensive though.  Retails for about $600.

I got the DC28 Animal.  If you look on amazon.com it sells for $359.99, also if you shop at Kohls and have a 20% off coupon you could get it at a good discount as well. 

I had a regular Dyson before I had dogs and I loved it, but with the dogs here and moving into a 2-story townhome I wanted a 2nd vacuum, and the animal version works much better

I am just wondering if my OH is willing to spend that much on a vacuum. He is a penny pincher and he thinks our vacuum works great, which it picks it up but it fills fast. I am sure it will explode eventually

The Dyson has an attachment that you can brush your dog with it too...but Nikko is the same way, when I turn the vacuum on, he runs under the desk and hides!  He is such a baby!

also it has an attachment you can actually use on your dog. i mean luka hates the vacuum so it would never work but a nice idea lol

Every time I turn on the vacuum Balto takes off like a bat out of hell and cowers behind my fiance or will stick his head my fiances armpit if he is laying down or sitting :facepalm: Brave dog that is the last place I would stick my head, especially after a long hard day at work

I always bought cheap vacuums too, and never wanted to spend more than 50 or 60 bucks on one, but then I was replacing them once a year.  I have had the original Dyson since 2006 and it still works good!  If you can get it on a discount IMHO it is worth it.

I am just wondering if my OH is willing to spend that much on a vacuum. He is a penny pincher and he thinks our vacuum works great, which it picks it up but it fills fast. I am sure it will explode eventually

We only have a small vacuum that we use on area rugs (well, back before she peed on them all and we threw them out) and the hardwoods, but Chula LOVES the vacuum. She'd ride it if it were big enough.

The Dyson has an attachment that you can brush your dog with it too...but Nikko is the same way, when I turn the vacuum on, he runs under the desk and hides!  He is such a baby!

...When Suka even sees the vacuum, he takes off and hides somewhere on the other side of the house. :P

Haha when Balto sees the vacuum he trots up to it like he is all big and bad and sniffs it and wants to beat it up but as soon as it is turned on, zoom out the room he goes in 5 seconds flat

I always bought cheap vacuums too, and never wanted to spend more than 50 or 60 bucks on one, but then I was replacing them once a year.  I have had the original Dyson since 2006 and it still works good!  If you can get it on a discount IMHO it is worth it.

maybe i'll reach that point. but i spent around in the middle and mine has lasted well over a year and still going great

Skye attacks the vacuum lol

I have a Dyson it is really really old and probably will die soon but at the moment it is going strong with hoovering once every day thats with Shadow blowing his coat currently and Skye im not sure if she really sheds tbh nothing like shadow does anyway! But its amazing how much fur i pick up every single day lol

Yesterday was wash all of our black clothes day and as soon as we took all of the clothes out of the washer and dryer dog hair was still stuck to them everywhere!!!! We have no idea how he is shedding so much and not completely bald!!!! We even brush him everyday and get a huge amount and he still isn't naked.