Male Dogs Not Getting Along :-(

hayleykobi

Hi everyone havnt been on here for a while but im having troubles with my male 3 year old sibe Kobi......

Lasy year we rescued a male border collie he was only 11 weeks old and was being mistreated, the idea was just to find him a new home after he got better but over twelve months later he is now part of the family. They have always got on really well which is why we kept the collie but over the last few weeks they havnt been getting along so well and tips greatly appreciated dont really want to have to let Jack our collie go but Kobi was here first and hes not very happy at the moment !! I wouldnt say they were fighting but theyve come close on a few occasions luckily for Jack our sibe Kobi isnt at all aggresive and generally backs down it just worries me one day he wont !

post-2478-0-73906800-1363386138_thumb.jp

If you aren't applying NILIF, that would probably help as well. It probably has less to do with their sex than simply the border collie maturing and trying to establish a higher rank within the pack. There is also something called 'crate rotation or crate and rotate' that is suppose to help in these cases, if you do a web search it should bring some stuff up on it. :)