How To Tire Out A Pup On Restricted Activity

Chula

Chula needs to have her activity level restricted for the next 2 weeks. I'm running out of ways to entertain her since she's not supposed to run or jump. We take short walks and o give her the treat ball for meals, which helps, but she still has all the energy of a 16 week puppy burning inside her. We work on training a bit but I'm trying not to give her too many treats with her tummy still questionable.

Poor lil doggie. Any suggestions for low impact energy burning?

Not really much to  be done at that age. Until they get a little older, puppies need free play, as opposed to structured play. Do you have any other puppies in the neighborhood you can set up puppy play dates? l wouldn't let her play with adults, they can stay active longer than she can, but she will try when she should be resting.

Obediance training.... best time now, and if you burn the mind, you burn out the puppy:) and because you cant really jump, take several little walk and teach him or her tricks and obediance. And good luck. As well there is some game such as AIKIOU puzzle or any kind of dog puzzle that can help cause its working the dog mind

I don't think she can play even with puppies. They might get to her incision. We are working on obedience! She gets so frustrated but she's pretty good on leave it now as long as it isn't a sock or a piece of paper.

She knows sit, laydown, down, be quiet, leave it, though she only selectively pays attention. What other commands should I be working on?

Things like 'stay' and 'come' are pretty important for all dogs to know. 

You can also play hide and seek with her, if its safe to do so. It's a great game that will tire them out mentally. Example: hide a treat underneath something and watch them try to get at it...make sure you watch her so she doesn't get into any trouble.