Fur Trimming?

BingBlaze n Skyla

i know u must NEVER shave a husky ... but ... can you trim their fur? Skyla's belly fur practically touches the floor its that long n when it rains she ends up black n making the house filthy .

Could i trim her belly fur so its not as long? i know you can trim paw fur if u need to but will it affect her in anyway if i do her belly?? 

i know u must NEVER shave a husky ... but ... can you trim their fur? Skyla's belly fur practically touches the floor its that long n when it rains she ends up black n making the house filthy .

Could i trim her belly fur so its not as long? i know you can trim paw fur if u need to but will it affect her in anyway if i do her belly?? 

I would ask Member Vlad, her Vlad is exceptionally furry he must get in the same state.

New to all this, why must you never trim or shave a husky?  I live in a humid, hot environment in the late spring and summer, my other dog gets his summer cut in early spring to keep him cool.  I had planned on doing the same with Dozer.  I haven't read this in any of my research.  

Glad I stumbled on this post before doing something wrong with him!  :)

I looked it up and it makes sense.  I made a comment to my husband the other day after a bath about having to watch Dozer this summer in the sun, he skin is so white/pink and after a bath you can really see it through his fur.  

Good to know  :)

New to all this, why must you never trim or shave a husky?  I live in a humid, hot environment in the late spring and summer, my other dog gets his summer cut in early spring to keep him cool.  I had planned on doing the same with Dozer.  I haven't read this in any of my research.  

Glad I stumbled on this post before doing something wrong with him!   :)

Your Huskies coat not only keeps him warm in the winter, it keeps him cool in the summer... His coat protects his skin from the sun & other elements. You risk so many complications by shaving a Husky.

OT: I dont think trimming long guard hairs will be a problem - its when you start messing with their undercoat you get matting etc..

Yeah see that's the problem her undercoat is long too so because she gets wet it's already starting to matt a tiny bit too which is why I wanna trim her belly fur a tiny bit to prevent it getting wet

I think trimming it should be fine, its not ideal, but its better than leaving it to get messed up anyway...