Stove Bit The Dust.

Mazz

Last week the oven quit working. Did some googling and thought it must be the heating element. Ordered a new one and installed it. Problem continued. The only other parts that could cause this are no longer available. So it looks ad though a new stove is in our future.

Boo! :( I'm having same issue with my dryer. I hate laundry now. Wash at home in bulk for a day, then load up ALL of the wet laundry that night and head to the laundry mat. Next day I have nearly 8-10 loads to fold. Its a vicious cycle. I feel ya!

Last week the oven quit working. Did some googling and thought it must be the heating element. Ordered a new one and installed it. Problem continued. The only other parts that could cause this are no longer available. So it looks ad though a new stove is in our future.

Yep Dave eventually you have to put the old girl out to pasture. :(

I kept my Ex's cooker going long past it's headstone date, by replacing the elements in every part year after year.

Until, like you I simply couldn't get the parts any longer.

Boo! :( I'm having same issue with my dryer. I hate laundry now. Wash at home in bulk for a day, then load up ALL of the wet laundry that night and head to the laundry mat. Next day I have nearly 8-10 loads to fold. Its a vicious cycle. I feel ya!

Amber, I'm going to guess that your dryer goes around but doesn't get hot.

If that's the case then it's the temperature sensors. the most common fault on all dryers.

Begs the question could you live without it ?

With the microwave, George Foreman grill, and the actifry we find the stove only gets used once a week if that for Sunday roasts or baking so I think we could do without one really :)

Our oven gave up the ghost in December. Oh knew what the problem was but couldn't find the parts so it was a mad dash just before Xmas to get a new one up and running. Got one off of eBay in the end so Xmas dinner was back on track! Couldn't cope without an oven. It's the other cooking gadgets i rarely use. Microwave has lots of fancy functions on it yet it's primary use is to reheat my cup of tea if it's gone cold. It's a neglected microwave at best.

My poor stove is 25 years old and is also on its way out. It still looks new, but one plate has only one temp and that's high, and the oven doesn't regulate the temp properly so I cant bake :-( But I can't get a new one now so have to make do. It has given good service though, so I am not complaining too much ............

Yep Dave eventually you have to put the old girl out to pasture. :(

I kept my Ex's cooker going long past it's headstone date, by replacing the elements in every part year after year.

Until, like you I simply couldn't get the parts any longer.

Amber, I'm going to guess that your dryer goes around but doesn't get hot.

If that's the case then it's the temperature sensors. the most common fault on all dryers.

My problem is more the drum fell and is frozen. Won't spin at all. You can't even move it. It still gets super hot! Very dangerous. About caught a blanket of fire when it broke down. Lol

My problem is more the drum fell and is frozen. Won't spin at all. You can't even move it. It still gets super hot! Very dangerous. About caught a blanket of fire when it broke down. Lol

Drive belt has snapped not an expensive part to replace but not easy to do by yourself

Drive belt has snapped not an expensive part to replace but not easy to do by yourself

We had it looked at. When it fell, it busted the bolts and the entire pulley system. It didn't break right I guess. Lol cost of repair $300. So, we're looking at new dryers. ;)

We had it looked at. When it fell, it busted the bolts and the entire pulley system. It didn't break right I guess. Lol cost of repair $300. So, we're looking at new dryers. ;)

Oooooh not good :'(

Our oven gave up the ghost in December. Oh knew what the problem was but couldn't find the parts so it was a mad dash just before Xmas to get a new one up and running. Got one off of eBay in the end so Xmas dinner was back on track! Couldn't cope without an oven. It's the other cooking gadgets i rarely use. Microwave has lots of fancy functions on it yet it's primary use is to reheat my cup of tea if it's gone cold. It's a neglected microwave at best.

lol reconstituted tea :)

Begs the question could you live without it ?

With the microwave, George Foreman grill, and the actifry we find the stove only gets used once a week if that for Sunday roasts or baking so I think we could do without one really :)

Oh, we definitely need an oven.  Otherwise, Dave wouldn't get any more cheesecakes or red velvet cakes or my special apple pies...he would not be a happy camper... :D   In fact, I'm looking at stoves that have two ovens!

Sally, my daughter has a gas stove with two electrical ovens and it is amazing :)  Some Italian make ............ I would love one too  ;)

I've always known that I could make good use of 2 ovens.  When I'm cooking a large dinner...usually on holidays...there's always several dishes that need to be cooked at different temps.  Double ovens would solve that problem.  I've got it narrowed down to 2 or 3 models...now I just have to make a decision! :D