Major Change In Behaviour!

Bambi92

Sasha has been very different in the last few weeks. Shes gone from being gentle (majority of the time) to almost being aggressive.

She has been having the seizure type things a lot more frequently not sure if its relatedvto that or not.

If I sit on the floor she comes up puts her head in my chest and won't move until she has cuddles kisses and a 5-10min scratch (she hasn't done this before) she also puts her head on my leg when I go to pat her she goes into crazy play mode (at least it seems like shes trying to play) but its different to how she normally plays and I don't know if its on the lines of aggression she bites my hands, shows her teeth, talks, woos, jumps around like a spastic and then all of a sudden she just lays down next to me (pretty much on top of me like she can't get close enough) puts either her head or her front paws on my legs and goes straight to sleep. If we are sitting on the lounge she sits near our feet (like normal) but she puts her head up and just starts talking to us like she's having a conversation with us (its really cute when she does it lol). Then we get to food she use to let me take her bowl if she's eating and I could touch her face/muzzle which I wanted her like because she was around kids (they use to go near her while eating and touch her and she would look at them then go back to eating) now (this has been since I moved in with my OH) she was ok for the first two months then when Missy started taking food from her bowl or going near her when she had a denta stick Sasha has started snapping at Missy like a warning to get away and she is also growling at me if I go near her or touch her while she's eating she's snapped at me a few times I tell her no and to calm down and she won't snap again till the next day. Need to get her out of that before the baby is born I'm trying to get Missy to stay away from her food but she doesn't listen to me and trying to tell my OH to teach her not to is an endless battle all he says is sasha eats her food. My reply is yeah but missy isn't going to bite sashas head off for it sasha is! It's frustrating!

Yesterday sasha sort of yelped when I touch her front paw but when I checked her over she didnt do it again. It was cold this morning she went out to the toilet came back in jumped on our bed and yelped again and tonight when I went to give her the denta stick I asked for her paw like normal she gave it to me and yelped again when I touched near her Jew claw (if I spelt that right) I check her paw nothing seemed to be wrong and she didnt yelp. She isn't limping or anything she still jumps around and plays zoomies with Dozer so I don't know why she is doing it.

And the part that im most worried about is what she did to me this morning.

OH got up to get ready for work put sasha and missy out to toilet let them back in and sasha jumped on the bed like she always does but because its cold i wanted the blankets and she was laying on them i asked her to move most of the time she will and other times i have to touch her to get her to move this time i asked her to move again and touched her after she was looking at me and she bit my hand it hurt but she didnt draw blood and she gave me this look like she was really going to hurt me :-( its scareing the crap out of me :-(

Do they normally just change like this or should I be worried and look into it further?

And how do I get her to stop with the food? What I did last time isn't working now.

As im writing this im crying because all i can think is "what have i done to make her want to hurt me" i dont know what to do i have to take her back to the vet about the seizure things but i havent got enough money until friday unless i borrow it i need to do something about it but what do i do? I dont know why shes acting like this. This is the sort of behaviour the pound was describing when i first got her but this is the first time shes done it since ive had her have i or someone shes around done something to remind her of her passed and she thinks were going to do the same?

Sorry this is so long and im pretty much begging for help or some advice but this is really starting to hurt me she is my baby and i feel like ive failed her in some way :-(

oh Laura I'm so sorry :( it must be tough.. my first suggestion is to take her to the vet's and make sure she's alright because she shows signs of pain and that might be why she's turning a bit aggressive. I don't think her resource guarding behavior is related to pain though.. here's an article I found on the net about resource guarding. Sorry I can't help much..

http://ahimsadogtraining.com/blog/resource-guarding/

good luck. I'm sure the others would come with better advice soon :) 

id deffo take her to the vets,,,, with the seizures and yelping the dog is in pain....

once you have ruled that out/got her batter she may go back to how she was?

how old is she? the crazy running and nipping may be puppy behaviour

my boy darwin will get arsey if i try and move him off beds cos he is a stubborn git lol

if you do go to the vets please keep us informed

i hop[e she is better soon

I agree with the others - you should go to the vet. When dogs are in pain, they act very out of character. Usually Suka (when not in pain), will let people pet him all day long. But when his arthritis is bugging him, he is intolerant of people and just wants to be left alone. He'll get snappy, irritable, and grumpy. 

Y' all get an early start on the day so I'm left dragging up later.

I have to agree, it's definitely time for a serious vet visit.  Even the absolute best dog - in pain - is going to act out of character. 

If there is a neurological problem then there could be a lot of things going on there that you don't see - Sasha may normally allow quiet petting -  but because of the neurological upset be seeing your approach as threatening somehow, in a human we might call that paranoia <???>

Normally when she has been in pain before she would normally hide and not go near anyone and not want to go for a walk or anything but now she is being really sooky and she isn't going far from my side unless she goes and lays on our bed during the day she doesn't really want to go out the back on her own either. We tried to get a video of what she does when a dog surprises her yesterday but it didnt work all she wanted to do was play with the dog and go for a walk with her we went for a walk and she seemed fine she was happy like her normal self we got back to my OHs friends house and she said hello to the family (which she hasn't met yet went straight to them and let them pet her) normally she won't go near people she doesn't know.

Some of the time she acts 'normal' and other times its like she's a completely different dog and she doesn't know she's doing it.

Thank you for your replies I'm definitely taking her to the vet ill have to take her Friday when I have enough money I know they will want to do a blood test for the seizures (they said that last time) but what else they will do I have no idea I just hope I can get some answers.

I'm not wrong in saying I don't want kinda around her at the moment just in case she lashes out at them am I? My OHs nieces and nephews stay some times and I know his family will have a cow if I say no to the kids coming here.