Confusing Breed

mydiamond

I have a confession to make: I can not tell the difference between Rottweilers! x__x There's this Rottie in my neighborhood that has been Diamond's friend since the first day he was here. His name is Troy. I saw him every day for so many years now but I kept confusing him with other people's Rottweilers. I think, up to this day, I have already called four different Rottweilers "Troy" when I met them on walks .__. yesterday there's another "Troy" I met when I'm on my afternoon walk. At first I told myself "no, not Troy" because I've never seen the dog-walker before but this dog acts really friendly to Dime it's almost like they knew each other forever! In the end I somehow decided "okay, this must be Troy. How many dogs act this friendly when they have never met before? maybe my neighbor hired a dog walker" and let Dime come up and greet the Rott. NOT a good decision. The unexperienced dog walker was pulled off his motorbike due to his dog pulling out of excitement. Not only did he fell, but the expensive-looking motorbike smashed the ground as well!  :unsure: I apologized, but the man just laughed.. it looks like he thought his Rott is about to hurt Dime so he tried to hold the dog back but obviously his dog is stronger than him. I'm glad no one got hurt but oh come on this won't happen if I can tell the difference between Troy and other Rottweilers  :wacko: I googled "rottweiler dogs" and... yes, you can be sure I thought the whole page is showing pictures of Troy ._. I noticed that some has a darker or lighter brown on their chest and feet, but generally they look exactly.the.same. It's confusing  :wacko: anyone on the same boat?  :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His own fault for "walking" a powerful prey driven dog from a motorbike. :lmao:

...The man was walking a dog whilst riding a motorbike?! That sounds stupid and dangerous.

Lots of dogs look the same as other dogs of the same breed to me! Spaniels, labs, dobes, little fluffy things...

(oh hey look I can quote!)

LOL at little fluffy things XD I can easily tell the difference between fluffy thing #1 and fluffy thing #2 LOL because usually they vary greatly in coat color. Dobermans also come in several coat colors, but Rotties are aaaall the same x__x it's confusing really.

EDIT: oh my gosh my "post" and "quote" buttons came back to life!! test test... I can edit comments can't I?

Lol! Oh dear, but i get what you mean a lot of Rottweilers look nearly identical to eah other, maybe next time you see Troy (the real Troy lol) pick out a little bit of him that is difefrent e.g. shape og his eyes, certain odd spot of colour on his coat, anything that you can distinguish between the real troy and other troy look alikes :)

Lol! Oh dear, but i get what you mean a lot of Rottweilers look nearly identical to eah other, maybe next time you see Troy (the real Troy lol) pick out a little bit of him that is difefrent e.g. shape og his eyes, certain odd spot of colour on his coat, anything that you can distinguish between the real troy and other troy look alikes :)

I do know that Troy suffers from Hip Dysplasia which makes him easy to tell apart when walking, but I haven't managed to find other unique thing about him x) 

(oh hey look I can quote!)

LOL at little fluffy things XD I can easily tell the difference between fluffy thing #1 and fluffy thing #2 LOL because usually they vary greatly in coat color. Dobermans also come in several coat colors, but Rotties are aaaall the same x__x it's confusing really.

EDIT: oh my gosh my "post" and "quote" buttons came back to life!! test test... I can edit comments can't I?

Dobes only come in black and tan and brown and tan. I've only ever seen black and tan though, and they definitely all look the same. :P 

LOL gosh I'm glad they're not that popular around here. This every-rott-look-the-same thing has embarrassed me a handful of times already LOL I won't be able to handle another confusing breed! can you imagine greeting a dog, saying "heya Troy!", only to receive a "uh who's Troy?" as a reply? ._. 

Walking a dog while riding a motorbike :doglaugh:  :doglaugh: Now I've heard everything...........and they say Rodney's a plonker!!!!!!!!!

Gary.

umm... who's Rodney? :P in all honesty guys, this is the first time I realize nobody else walk dogs on motorbike other than us Indonesians! I do thought it's dangerous once but so many people did it and I've never heard of any dog getting hurt because of it, so I usually let it pass. So it's unacceptable? ._.

umm... who's Rodney? :P in all honesty guys, this is the first time I realize nobody else walk dogs on motorbike other than us Indonesians! I do thought it's dangerous once but so many people did it and I've never heard of any dog getting hurt because of it, so I usually let it pass. So it's unacceptable? ._.

Ok, Rodney is a character in a Tv comedy series called Only fools and Horses, very funny. Trying to walk any dog while riding a motor bike is stupid enough but doing it with a husky is, IMO, a recipe for disaster, not to mention totally illegal in this country. ;)

Gary.

Not sure if it's me, but every other dog that isn't a sled dog is usually falls in the 'anything else' category for me  :whistling: Maybe it's just that I'm used to the huge variety the Siberian Husky has, but it seems that the majority of the other dog breeds only have one single look. If you put them all together they all look like clones to me, lol.

Not sure if it's me, but every other dog that isn't a sled dog is usually falls in the 'anything else' category for me :whistling: Maybe it's just that I'm used to the huge variety the Siberian Husky has, but it seems that the majority of the other dog breeds only have one single look. If you put them all together they all look like clones to me, lol.

lol.

If its not a husky its just a dog

I can usually tell all dogs apart the only challenge i had were the ducklings but i can tell them apart now too. :P

Dobermans do come in multiple different colors. They come in fawn, white, blue, black, and red. Rotties also come in red i believe but they're usually black.

oh my gosh red rottie?? I have never heard of that do you know anyone who owns one? 

lol.

If its not a husky its just a dog

That is because a husky is NOT like any other dog. It is like a tiny child or husband covered in fur they have selective hearing, get into everything, push limits, and at time make you want to pull out your hair. Plus you hear lots of no or time out. With labs or any other dog it is you say sit they cannot sit fast enough