Wrist

Stormy

I've got a problem with my left wrist it hurts at the joint at times not achey just if i move it certain ways etc. Anyway im not to sure what is causing it i dont think its work i think it may be Skye! As she has decided pulling is the way forward currently which i am trying to work on. It is very clicky now also. 

Anyway my question is has anyone else strained a wrist atall ? Any ways i can help it? I dont see the point in going to the doctors as it really is not THAT bad.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get that, I put a wrist support on (They're cheap) when it does, maybe try getting a walking belt if you can?

I  have one but i hold the lead when we are near roads (trust me she will suddenly just jump onto it otherwise!)

use a support bandage, have it slightly down your arm and over your thumb, i normally cut the tube bandage in half ( i think) then, pull it over my hand and over my wrist - half way to the elbow then fold the bit over my hand back so its doubled and put a hole in near where my thumb is and put my thumb through the hole, just to fully support the wrist. I have had to do it alot with both my jobs where i work. A few weeks back i did something to my elbow and it kept setting  my wrist off  so had to use a longer length one and support my elbow and wrist. I know what you mean with holding the lead and then they decide to keep pulling, i have skyes lead on my belt and in my hand she has alot of power now, alot more than she used to and she knows how to use it lmao. 

sounds silly but you can buy an add on for your lead it looks like a spring and takes the shock out of the dog pulling i got mine from pound land years ago and i yous a face halti my hand is pinned so anything helps good luck but i think a full day at the spa would be good    well you can only try :D

Trouble is i have the lead attatched to the belt and i dont use a halti i use a slip lead but i figure of eight it so its like a halti. Perhaps i should get a halti and a lead like that but then the shock absorber would need to be alot lower down and id still want to attatch the lead to the belt if that makes sense :S lol

Trouble is i have the lead attatched to the belt and i dont use a halti i use a slip lead but i figure of eight it so its like a halti. Perhaps i should get a halti and a lead like that but then the shock absorber would need to be alot lower down and id still want to attatch the lead to the belt if that makes sense :S lol

your belt has built in bungee

Yeah that doesn't help me with road walking I cannot let her have to much lead as she does honestly just bolt out if she sees people,dogs,cats,anything really lol.

Wanted to cry on my walk just now was their second walk she was pulling like a complete nut job which pulls me round also as shadow isn't pulling! I don't want anyone to say walk them seperately I am not doing that again as she will only become a pain once put back with him anyway. I slowed down every time she pulled or I stopped once I'd calmed myself down and sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt I praised her for the good and ignored the bad but I am literally sometimes only taking one step currently but ill carry on though she is such a stubborn little madam! I may add on another quick walk as a third walk in the afternoon also.

On another note I am now working tonight to as someone is off sick and they can't get cover which I will have to walk to as car is not gonna be fixed till the weekend maybe later yay joyful day for me haha I don't mind really just fed up of walking!! And working with one team leader that I don't really like as she puts me on tills all night long which drags on! Wow I've gone on a bit ill shh now haha still defrosting from outside!!

WYDWL harnesses take alot of the sting out of the drag and pull.

A good investment if they are resistant to walking nicely.

WYDWL harnesses take alot of the sting out of the drag and pull.

A good investment if they are resistant to walking nicely.

Got one it honestly makes it ten times harder with Skye on that

do u give her all the lead on it? I found with blaze it works a lot better on a short lead or he just jumps around

Got one it honestly makes it ten times harder with Skye on that

Hmmmm. . . .

get a big army Bergen type rucksack.

cut two holes in the bottom.

Skyes back legs go through the holes.

pull the drwstring under the head.

Put it on.

Get Shadow ready and go for a walk. :)

do u give her all the lead on it? I found with blaze it works a lot better on a short lead or he just jumps around

Have tried both ways Nix she is just a pain :P She will get there im just having a frustrating time with her at the moment she did become alot better but we have gone backwards sudddenly!

Hmmmm. . . .

get a big army Bergen type rucksack.

cut two holes in the bottom.

Skyes back legs go through the holes.

pull the drwstring under the head.

Put it on.

Get Shadow ready and go for a walk. :)

Haha that made me chuckle!

I fell over at a husky meet last year and injured my right wrist. The hospital gave one of those strap on support things (sorry that sounds a but dodgy but hopefully you know what I mean). It helped to restrict movement whilst healing and took about a month to get to the point it was only hurting occasionally. Official advice is to rest and use muscles with strain injury, meaning use it a bit but don't go crazy. Maybe a wrist support would be beneficial and practice walking Skye with your other hand. Hard but can be done.

Edit: didn't read all the other replies. Sorry for the repetition!

Edited by emma1979

• 3 weeks later...

Wow finding this thread again has made me realise how long my wrist has been like this! Over 3 weeks now!

Anyway it is still the same if not a bit worse tbh i hold Skye in the other hand now as Shadow does not put as much pressure on it but sometimes i have to hold them both with just the one hand. (down the canal etc i use the belt so no hands :) )

It hurts to pick up even a pint of milk etc now so something is not right :( It hurts down the left side more than the right. Im careful at work at the moment also. It isn't swollen much if atall seems to be a little bit of liquid on the top of my hand on the left hand side just below my last two fingers.

I have an appointment with the doctors at 5 tomorrow night i feel silly going with it but its been like it for a while now so it cant be normal even if they just give me some peace of mind it wont be like it forever etc. Also may aswell kill two birds with one stone as need to ask if i need any injections for turkey etc.