Wrist

Stormy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I might be panicking a bit as I'm stressed about this car but....

My little finger is going numb and most of the left side of that hand and wrist...

Could be some intermittent pressure on the nerve causing the numbness. As for the pain could be tendons? I recently had a course of ultrasound for tendonosis which helped enormously

Don't worry, it'll be fine. You'll get it sorted :)

Could be some intermittent pressure on the nerve causing the numbness. As for the pain could be tendons? I recently had a course of ultrasound for tendonosis which helped enormously

Don't worry, it'll be fine. You'll get it sorted :)

It came back to life after about an hour or so then was just slightly numb it seems to be fine today just a bit tingly and still the same pain as normal. Docs tonight so will update you after that :)

Well went to the doctors he only felt the top of my wrist i said it didn't hurt there but he didn't feel anywhere else etc. He said its definitely the joint and not the muscles and it is very creaky. I didn't get a chance to explain everything as he spoke over me. He has given me anti inflammatories costing me £7.85 and if in two weeks it is still the same to go back again.

So will see how these go :) 

I think you may be completely wrong with the leads, harnesses etc etc as its likely nothing to do with it. You use the computer quite a lot as I do, and I regularly have very similar issues with my wrists because of it. Its a lot more likely to be incorrect comp use than anything else.

Firstly set your computer up right. Ensure you have the proper keyboard and mousemat supports. Alternativly look at getting yourself a glove (which I would highly recommend) which are built to support your wrist. They are expensive for what they are, however for the support they give you they are worth every penny.

http://painreliefsupports.co.uk/IMAK/IMAK-Smart-Glove-Thumb-and-Wrist-Support

I think you may be completely wrong with the leads, harnesses etc etc as its likely nothing to do with it. You use the computer quite a lot as I do, and I regularly have very similar issues with my wrists because of it. Its a lot more likely to be incorrect comp use than anything else.

Firstly set your computer up right. Ensure you have the proper keyboard and mousemat supports. Alternativly look at getting yourself a glove (which I would highly recommend) which are built to support your wrist. They are expensive for what they are, however for the support they give you they are worth every penny.

Yes you are right i do use it quite alot and type quite alot also (on here tbh so i should blame you :P )

Will look into getting one of those Marc.

My set up is awful probably.... i have my laptop on my lap... dont use a proper mouse just the touch pad but i dont mind the touch pad. I dont lay down with it etc though.

Same here.... RSI

I had trouble a couple of years ago, and I eventually put it down to the computer mouse and general set up of my screen, keyboard etc. I changed my mouse to my left hand, which was difficult at first, but I quickly got used to it. I never changed back, and now occasionally I am asked about being left-handed. Everything is OK currently.

You have my sympathy on both counts!  I'm just getting over a cold ... irritated me no end since I've not been sick at all since I moved out here almost three years ago.  Had a fellow in to do some work for me under the trailer and apparently he had the beginnings of a cold that he happily passed on to me.  I'm on roughly day 10 and am down to just some chest congestion - but still sometimes cough my lungs out ( well, that's what it feels like!! )  One advantage, it's got me down to less that a pack of cigarettes a day ... now if I could just stop!

Hope you get to feeling better soon, I know how irritating it can be to be less than 100%, take care!!

You have my sympathy on both counts!  I'm just getting over a cold ... irritated me no end since I've not been sick at all since I moved out here almost three years ago.  Had a fellow in to do some work for me under the trailer and apparently he had the beginnings of a cold that he happily passed on to me.  I'm on roughly day 10 and am down to just some chest congestion - but still sometimes cough my lungs out ( well, that's what it feels like!! )  One advantage, it's got me down to less that a pack of cigarettes a day ... now if I could just stop!

Hope you get to feeling better soon, I know how irritating it can be to be less than 100%, take care!!

Thanks Al! I feel awful today! Hoping it clears a bit by holiday!! I usually end up with a lovely tickly cough at the end of these.... :(

Well so far the anti inflammatories seem to be doing something it isn't as bad :)

Make sure you're eating before taking them storm.. Which ones are they?

Something else that works really well is volterol. It's an anti inflammatory cream containing diclofenac. Rub it on an it works locally rather than having to keep taking tablets