Happy Springtime

Dunc

Have I missed something :huh: . I'm sure that when I went to school we were taught that the Spring Equinox started on the 21st of March, Summer Solstice 23rd June, Autumn Equinox 21st September and the Winter Solstice 23rd December. When did they change?? Last year on 1st December they were saying on the weather forecast that it was the first day of Winter  :wacko:

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Dull foggy and overcast here.

Forecast is light snow and rain.

Yep spring is definately late this year.

Spring is definitely here!  We're supposed to get to about 85 (30c) today.  Sun's finally come out and if the wind would die down some it would be a beautiful day.

Tomatoes are in and have two small tomatoes set (about the size of my thumbnail - I'll be nibbling on them in a few weeks!); cukes are in and sprouting, carrots are in but nothing yet; pepper plant looks like the wind has been tearing it up ... it's not growing too fast.

Ah, yes, I love a day when I can go out without a shirt and lay back and soak up some golden sunshine!

Have I missed something :huh: . I'm sure that when I went to school we were taught that the Spring Equinox started on the 21st of March, Sumer Solstice 23rd June, Autumn Equinox 21st September and the Winter Solstice 23rd December. When did they change?? Last year on 1st December they were saying on the weather forecast that it was the first day of Winter  :wacko:

Gary.

Spring actually arrives sometime on the 20th of March.  The first full day of Spring is on the 21st of March.  I think therein lies the issue.

Spring actually arrives sometime on the 20th of March.  The first full day of Spring is on the 21st of March.  I think therein lies the issue.

Ha, so technically I'm right, and the first day of Spring is the 21st March.............I rest my case M'lud :D .   Hmmm.. still doesn't explain the Winter Solstice starting on 1st December :huh:

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Spring is definitely here!  We're supposed to get to about 85 (30c) today.  Sun's finally come out and if the wind would die down some it would be a beautiful day.

Tomatoes are in and have two small tomatoes set (about the size of my thumbnail - I'll be nibbling on them in a few weeks!); cukes are in and sprouting, carrots are in but nothing yet; pepper plant looks like the wind has been tearing it up ... it's not growing too fast.

Ah, yes, I love a day when I can go out without a shirt and lay back and soak up some golden sunshine!

I am so jealous. Its just a couple degrees above freezing up here. My plants are still in my little greenhouse, nowhere near ready to go outside soon!