Tie Outs?

Chula

I need to get a tie out for Chula, both to have at the new house until we can figure out if she tries to dig under the fence (and if we can do anything to solve that), but also because we are heading up to the mountains to stay in a cabin for a few days and I'd like to let her have some freedom up there.

Recommendations? Do you go with a stake type system? Anyone have a cable system?

Find something solid already in the garden and use climbing carabiners to attach her.

Tie outs can be worked out of the ground, plus you'll be putting holes in the ground.

They might be medium sized dogs but you have secure all the fixtures and fitting as if you were setting up for King Kong. :)

I've used stake tie for labs and they work great ... I've used stake tie outs for Sibe and they're a waste!  Misty and Avalanche just pulled them out of the ground!!  Sasha is nice, when she can't pull she just stops ...

I have a 100' roll of cable (probably 1/4 inch) that I take with me when I'm camping - get a couple of small clamps and run it between two trees.  Make sure that you get the clamps tight! or they will pull the cable loose.

I've also used rope and just tie it between two trees - then run their leashes over that.

I'm getting so I don't like stakes - there have been a couple of comments here about dogs who have injured themselves on the stakes.

Picture the muffler clamps in miniature.  Take the ends of the cable around something solid and then use the clamps to bind the loose end back onto the cable.

I can't post the image but something like that.  Where they show the thimble is the part that go around a tree. I use the cable for anything that's more than a day or two and rope for overnight.  I use two clamps on each end.

errrrr..... added later, whatever method you choose, be prepared to spend time unwrapping them from whatever.  Stakes get wrapped around, trees get wrapped up .... great fun!!

I already have to get her untangled from her 6 ft leash! She's so bouncy. 

I like the idea of the cable and clamps for the mountains. I think they are called rope clamps (I had to Google that though). I just need to make sure the area in her perimeter is clear of anything plastic or cloth so she doesn't end up back in the ER.

I already have to get her untangled from her 6 ft leash! She's so bouncy. 

I like the idea of the cable and clamps for the mountains. I think they are called rope clamps (I had to Google that though). I just need to make sure the area in her perimeter is clear of anything plastic or cloth so she doesn't end up back in the ER.

Actually they're called wire rope clamps ...

Last summer I bought a stake to tie out Nikko when I went to my friend's house out in the country.  It was about 2 feet long and heavy duty and I had him on a 50ft cable.  I never had a problem with him getting the stake out, but he was never on it for a very long period of time.  He HATED being tied up unless you were right there by his side, and he would constantly dig holes so I quit taking him out there unless I could be outside with him the entire time. 

The stake I bought was from PetSmart and was called the Top Paw Dome Stake - Large.  It was 7-8 dollars. 

Last summer I bought a stake to tie out Nikko when I went to my friend's house out in the country. It was about 2 feet long and heavy duty and I had him on a 50ft cable. I never had a problem with him getting the stake out, but he was never on it for a very long period of time. He HATED being tied up unless you were right there by his side, and he would constantly dig holes so I quit taking him out there unless I could be outside with him the entire time.

The stake I bought was from PetSmart and was called the Top Paw Dome Stake - Large. It was 7-8 dollars.

Balto is also terrible with tie outs if we aren't with him. If we go inside even just to get something he stops playing with whatever will turn to the house and bark and whine as loud as he can which is loud. Our poor neighbors

Balto is also terrible with tie outs if we aren't with him. If we go inside even just to get something he stops playing with whatever will turn to the house and bark and whine as loud as he can which is loud. Our poor neighbors

Same with Nikko.  All I have to do is walk away and he would start whining this awful high pitched whine!  Good thing they are out in the country with only 1 neighbor that is about 1/4 mile away! 

Yukon, though is fine out there.  For Xmas, I took Nikko to my parents and my roommate took Yukon to his parents and had him tied up outside (his mom doesn't allow indoor animals), and he was content laying in the doghouse!

Same with Nikko. All I have to do is walk away and he would start whining this awful high pitched whine! Good thing they are out in the country with only 1 neighbor that is about 1/4 mile away!

Yukon, though is fine out there. For Xmas, I took Nikko to my parents and my roommate took Yukon to his parents and had him tied up outside (his mom doesn't allow indoor animals), and he was content laying in the doghouse!

When we go on our honeymoon we are taking Balto somewhere and we know he will have to be tied up outside which they live on a farm so it will be good for him