Why Does She Listen To You?

Chula

lol my girls only really listen to me lol BUT my friends 5 month old akita puppy listens to me more than him and ive never trained or really done anything with him lol xx

I think maybe most dogs respond in general to calmer direction and some people just have a calmer demeanor. I know most people react better to being calmly corrected than being screamed at!

Of course then there are teenage boys who need to be yelled at.

One thing that annoys me is when someone comes over and gets the dogs excited (and swings their hands around like bait) and then wonder's why they jump all over them.

I agree that they wont listen unless your calm, it's okay to play :)  but not when you want them to listen IMO.

Last night I taught her "turn around", which is I guess what others call "twist". I just caught OH in the kitchen getting her to "turn around" with her kibble. It's nice that he's trying. :)

also she's awesome at it! I dont know what its good for other than our amusement but she learned it so quickly!

Last night I taught her "turn around", which is I guess what others call "twist". I just caught OH in the kitchen getting her to "turn around" with her kibble. It's nice that he's trying. :)

also she's awesome at it! I dont know what its good for other than our amusement but she learned it so quickly!

Aww yay Shadow picked that one up so easily..... new challenge for you teach it but going the opposite way ;)

I just wish I could get her to stay! We work on it all the time but she just doesn't want to sit still, especially if the treat is moving away!

Just keep doing it :) you need lots of patience :) do you get chula to sit and wait for food?

Yep she will wait for food. But not if we move too far away from it. We will just keep at it getting a little further each time. I can put a treat on her paw and she will leave it but only so long as I'm still close enough to grab it if she were to go at it.