Pick It Up!!

Mia-Blue

I'm so cross whilst out today I saw a woman walking her rottie, the dog did his business on a patch of grass outside a childrens centre, the woman then walked off without picking it up!!! It made me so cross, especially with the location......its a good job I was driving otherwise I would have said something! I mean really in this day and age why do people still think its ok not to pick up after their dog??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh - I hate that. 

I've had to leave some piles behind a few times (forgot to bring a poo bag), but then I go back to pick it up. Thankfully where he poops is usually close to home, so I don't have far to walk! lol

You can pretty much pick up little doggy bags anywhere now. They are so small and compact, its not like its a horrible inconvenience to carry them. Heck, I have a clip dispenser that attaches to my pants. Some people are just so inconsiderate. (I suppose that woman wouldn't be so passive about it if it was HER shoe that stepped in someone else's doggy business! Only then is it a big deal.)

Sorry, that makes me angry too. I hate it when I take my kids to the park and they step in that. It takes 2 seconds to pick it up, it takes 30 minutes to clean it off my kid's shoes, off my van's upholstery, and off my entryway floor and living room carpet!!

It really has annoyed me, if your going to have a dog part of that responsibility is picking up!!

I always carry bags with me.....even when I don't have a dog, they are just a permanent fixture in my pockets, lol!

The other week whilst I was out she toileted on the path, this is when she first started with her upset tummy, but I didn't just leave it, I asked a man who was just pulling up on his drive if I could have a bucket of water to wash it away. No thought went into it, its just what I feel a responsible dog owner should do, and from then on I also took a bottle of water in case it happened again!

We use baby nappy bags.

They are cheaper, open easier and are fragranced. :)

Almost every coat has poo bags in the pockets.

We even give them to people we see not pick up.

"Now you can go back and get it"

I almost had to leave one, i told my sister to go get bags because i forgot one while we were walking. She then headed into the house and came back out, i figured she got bags. Then when Maya goes i ask for a bag and she says she doesn't have any and to just leave it. We got into an argument and were about to walk off when someone comes out of their garage and asks if we need a bag. Then he gives us one, it was pretty nice.

I hate it too. I put my poo bag holder on my walking belt, and always have a couple in the coat pockets of the coat I most commonly wear. I always buy the 8-pack of pink and purple rolls at Petsmart or the four-packs of purple at PetCo.. love my purple :P

I really do hate that. Especially with the people in this neighborhood. Some of them are real pigs. Most of them with the little yappy dogs leaving little turds on the sidewalks. Whats so hard picking up after a dog? People walk there. No one really picks up after their dogs here. It's annoying.

theres nothing worse than walking your kids to school and seeing poo thats not been picked up :-( only yesterday my 6year old daughter noticed someone had left poo right next to a dog sign saying to pick it up, she said that they are horrid for leaving it there and that the police should put cameras in the signs to catch the lazy people :-) ive never left a poo and i also take water incase it leaves a mess x hopefully karma gets each one by them standin in it everytime they take there dog out.

I hate it too. I put my poo bag holder on my walking belt, and always have a couple in the coat pockets of the coat I most commonly wear. I always buy the 8-pack of pink and purple rolls at Petsmart or the four-packs of purple at PetCo.. love my purple :P

:D purple poo bags, lol.....I'm just happy that they open without a fight! Think I may have to try nappy bags if they open easier

I got into an argument on the park with a guy that left his poo (husky owner unfortunately too), and in the end he walked off. Knowing where he lived, I picked it up and left it hanging on his gate with a little note inside. Never seen him leave a poo since.

I got into an argument on the park with a guy that left his poo (husky owner unfortunately too), and in the end he walked off. Knowing where he lived, I picked it up and left it hanging on his gate with a little note inside. Never seen him leave a poo since.

Ooo that's brave!......but well done :D

I would have loved to have seen his face when he found it!!

theres nothing worse than walking your kids to school and seeing poo thats not been picked up :-( only yesterday my 6year old daughter noticed someone had left poo right next to a dog sign saying to pick it up, she said that they are horrid for leaving it there and that the police should put cameras in the signs to catch the lazy people :-) ive never left a poo and i also take water incase it leaves a mess x hopefully karma gets each one by them standin in it everytime they take there dog out.

That bugs me too. I tried to avoid someone walking towards me and ended up squelching into a large poop on the way to my sons school. Almost made me late for work as I then had to improvise with grass and sticks to get it all off. Disgusting! :(

It's just inexcusable not to pick up!

The other thing is they put up those penalty notices everywhere.....have you ever heard of anyone actually being fined?? In my borough there has only ever been one person done for it, they need to toughen up and send the right messages!

:doglaugh: Man after my own heart. Gets the message over without any confrontation. Nice one Steve.

Gary.

Ha ha .. I've spotted a guy walking his two dogs, a boxer and an Akita on the common ground in front of our house. He let his Akita crap on the grass where children play round the trees an stood waiting for it to finish with no indication he was going to pick it up. As he stepped over it to walk away, I opened our living room window an shouted at him' Oi!! Don't let your dog poo then not pick it up! Children play on that grass!!' He shouted back, ' it wasn't a shit!' An strode off.. I shouted back ' yes it was! I saw it drop!!'

He didn't pick it up, but he's never walked past our house since lol

They have started spraying signs on the paths around here now. There is a house i walk past with a A4 size bit of paper in their window with a full page letter asking the rude inconsiderate people that let their dog shit on their drive to pick it up in future! lol I always feel a bit nervous walking past it now incase they confront me even though it isnt me! (its right near my house these people! so i do wonder who it is!)

Loads of people dont pick up after their dog here :( Its horrible even the dogs look discusted with it!! lmao! I will always remember the time i picked one of shadows up with my own hands as i had no bag :( lol always make sure i have bags now!!!

this really gets my back up ive always got poo bags on me even when i dont have the dogs with me lol i also have a habit of throwing them at people and telling them to pick it up!!!

you have to love it when they say they havent got a bag!! no excuse 

They have started spraying signs on the paths around here now. There is a house i walk past with a A4 size bit of paper in their window with a full page letter asking the rude inconsiderate people that let their dog shit on their drive to pick it up in future! lol I always feel a bit nervous walking past it now incase they confront me even though it isnt me! (its right near my house these people! so i do wonder who it is!)

Loads of people dont pick up after their dog here :( Its horrible even the dogs look discusted with it!! lmao! I will always remember the time i picked one of shadows up with my own hands as i had no bag :( lol always make sure i have bags now!!!

With your bare hands.......eugh, now that is doggy devotion!!

I think local council's need to do more to crack down on the bad dog owners!

With your bare hands.......eugh, now that is doggy devotion!!

I think local council's need to do more to crack down on the bad dog owners!

Yep :( I was literally right near the bin though so wasn't TO bad ... just had to walk home after to lol

:D purple poo bags, lol.....I'm just happy that they open without a fight! Think I may have to try nappy bags if they open easier

Ugh thats the worst when they don't want to open!! Now I try and make sure I open one bag beforehand so I don't have to fight with the dogs pulling me around just to pick up their poo!