Biting And Leash Help?

Alodia

Hey guys, it'sbeen a while.

Recently Alodia has been biting - NOT nipping or play biting, but as in lunging at my hand and sinking her teeth in. I've tried giving her time-outs, the alligator jaw, replacing my hand with a toy but I'm starting think it's not playing and rather she's demanding something. But that's just my assumption

This also happens sometimes when I touch her head (not all the time) and when I slip her training collar around her, she will snap at my hand. I have to distract her with kibble in order to not get bitten. She's not aggressive, she's sweet as honey, with a little toothy habit. What can I do to teach her not to bite?

When taking her for walks occasionally she would lie on her back on the middle of the footpath and refuse to budge. I usually encourage her to get up again by telling her to come but she's starting to ignore me and just lie there. What's the reason for this? Is this the age of rebellion? She's now 17 weeks old.

I've never had a puppy, but I'll give you advice from what I've heard on here.

To stop a puppy from biting, you're supposed to yelp (high pitch - like how a dog would do it) when they bite, then turn away and ignore them. There are other methods but that one is the most common one I've heard. There should be a 'bite inhibition' thread on the forums - there's a whole bunch of tips there on how to stop puppy biting. 

She might be teething too, so that would make her want to bite more and bite harder...don't have any advice if this is the case other than to buy lots of chew toys to spare your hands!

Again, I don't have any advice for the walking problem, but that sounds like typical stubborn husky behaviour. They usually start to 'rebel' at around 6 months, I've heard?