Freckles

CARRINGTON

This morning I noticed in some places where his fur used to be white he has little black dots where patches of his fur is turning black. I have never seen anything like this!!!! I wonder if all his fur is going to get darker. When does their fur stop changing colors?

Shadow changes colour in winter and summer. Also when he is wet he gets what you have called "freckles" on his nose.

You can see them here though he isnt soaking here but when really wet they get even darker! This is also what colour Shadow is in winter:

486083_280002555458930_652567343_n.jpg

Shadows colour in summer notice that he isn't as dark and the darkest bit is just a black line down his back where as in winter it is more all over:

558231_217724341686752_1188251624_n.jpg

208317_217724168353436_118812728_n.jpg

Him as a puppy ... to show how he has changed from then:

395248_109375015858274_1713811874_n.jpg

Chula's coat has been changing too. She used to be pretty solid grey and solid white:

8xHmFlyl.jpg

Now she's got a set of white racing stripes near her shoulders that go down towards her chest (i hate this picture but it's the best one that shows the stripes)

RApnNXrl.jpg

She also sprouted a very pronounced white mohawk that goes from the top of her head down between her shoulder blades:

cqM7dOYl.jpg

It's very interesting, she's getting lighter in some areas, and darker in others. I hope she doesn't lose her mohawk though, it's so cute. I almost want to change her name to RUFIO!

yeah they change  all the time

its a slow evolution of coat colours

( Loving all the pictures, guys! :wub: )

I don't have any puppy pictures, but Suka's coat colouration changes from summer to winter. His colours are usually lighter in the winter (thicker undercoat) and darker in the summer.

The picture of him you see in my signature was taken during the summer - during the winter his colours are lighter than that...there's not as much contrast.

It was just a huge shock... I thought he had gotten into something and I was going to have to bathe him but when I checked I realized it was stuck to his fur because it was his fur!!!! I have just never seen this before except on our hunting dogs when they were puppies they would get tons of freckles but as they aged whichever freckles they had gotten when they were younger stayed that way.

Rori gained her some freckles too. First pic was her at about 4-5 weeks and the second at a year.  She does not have a lot but still freckles none the less.  As you can see her coat also got darker and a lot longer...lol  Her mask is very different as well.

post-5898-0-89616200-1363972772_thumb.jp

post-5898-0-12929500-1363972904_thumb.jp