My Breeder Just Called With Bad News :(

love4Luna

Definitely sounds like she is avoiding you then, and not willing to work with you on anything.  If it were me, I would understand if she were up front with me and said she does not have the money to reimburse me, and at least try and help just a little bit, but the fact she won't even talk to you would make me more angry.  Doesn't she even care about the test results, and that one of her puppies is healthy.  From what I have heard, it seems like she is in it for the money.  I think you have done your due diligence, so it is ultimately up to you, but if it were me I might consult an attorney, mostly to prevent this kind of thing from happening again to other people (at least by this breeder).  

Many times all it takes is a demand letter from an attorney to get people to cough up an apology or to cover expenses, rather than take it through the courts.

Well, that would be a good idea of trying to contact her myself. Only, she won't answer my calls now. I'm pretty sure she answered the vet clinic because she didn't know the number. I've called her personally now 3 times with no answer/callback. and she doesn't work, she watches her grand babies during the day. So I know she is home...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I WAS impressed with your breeder. heh What's important is Luna is most likely ok...very glad to hear that. :) As for the breeder, I [personally] probably would of been a little insulted that the vet called trying to collect before you. In a way, you kind of sent a bigger dog after her before even giving her a chance to shoot you down. Regardless, she is now avoiding you and there is no reason for that. 

In the end, you may just have to accept it as a loss money wise, but as several have all ready said...word of mouth can be damaging. 

Another suggestion if you don't want to take her to small claims court is to file a complaint with the USDA that checks up on breeders. They should at least do a check on her. I would be more concerned with it happening again than to be reimbursed. And her actions after the costs you incurrent is what would make me want to take further action. The very least you deserve a call back Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk