What An Emotional Week

Sarah

I recently hit my 10 year milestone at work and started thinking about my role, progression, what i will be doing in the next 5 / 10 years etc and after a lot of thought i decided to move on.

I submitted my CV 2 weeks ago and had an interview straight away on the phone.  Following that I had a face to face interview last week whereby i had to demonstrate team skills eg i had to build a tent - you have never seen anything so funny in your life  :rofl:    

So after the tent, we had a role play session, and a formal interview, then finally we had to design a collage of what the company stood for and present it to the group.  All done and was told will hear back in 5 days.

The day after i got a call offering me the job  :o  i said yes :D

I handed my notice in this week at work to management and yesterday had to tell the team i manage, that was hard, like me they have also been there a number of years and we all get a long great.  They were so shocked but wished me well.

So - deep breath.....time to make a HUGE change in my life!!!  

I will no longer be working a quick 10 min drive away, instead I will be working in the centre on Manchester in a very upmarket area as well - best behaviour for me then! lol

So in short - i've been really upset about leaving where I am and taking that step, but i'm also so excited for this new challenge! :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change is always scary.:eek:

But within a couple of weeks you'll have settled in.

Made new friends, and you'll wonder what the worry and stress was for.

You're a big girl now. . . suck it up :P

It is a big step to take, making that decision; it's hard enough when you're forced into it e.g. when a business closes, but to have the drive to do it on your own is great. Good luck in your new role, I've had a word with Kleenex about delivering a few thousand boxes of tissues on your last day! xxx

It is a big step to take, making that decision; it's hard enough when you're forced into it e.g. when a business closes, but to have the drive to do it on your own is great. Good luck in your new role, I've had a word with Kleenex about delivering a few thousand boxes of tissues on your last day! xxx

thanks - i think i'll need them!