My Talking Husky

Keanu

Lunar is 13 weeks and she is very talkative ('vocal', if you prefer), whatever you say, she repeats as "wooh-vooh-wooh-woof" sort of thing :). It is ongoing conversation. She takes after her mum, BTW.

And so she talks not just to me but to strangers as well. I take her for a walk, we pass someone, who talks to me, and she talks this person back. Some people laugh, few know this is a "husky" thing, but some people react awfully, thinking that she has behavioural issues and "barks" at them. I try to explain sometimes, but I don't think they believe:/ 

Does anyone have a similar story? 

I think most will on here I just ignore anyone tbh that has anything mean to say!

Who cares what people think :) you know it's a husky thing :)

Both mine talk to me Skye's is more of a bark/talk/ shout at me and shadow has the typical woo woo of a husky :)

Suka likes to talk back to me sometimes - especially when he doesn't want to do something. (ie: sitting at the dog park before leaving - and sitting anywhere where its wet/muddy/etc. :rolleyes:)

My cousin, despite knowing Suka for almost 4 years now, still thinks Suka's 'wooing' is him being aggressive and 'dominant' towards me. I've tried to explain it to her that it is NOT growling, but she either doesn't get it or she's being stubborn. 

LOL my parents in law generally dislike dogs, when they came to visit Lunar woo-d them around, I explained that huskies can "talk", they would not believe so in the end I sent them "Mishka" vids from Youtube, they were absolutely amazed :P

If you lived where I do I'm pretty sure anyone who saw Lunar would be fussing over her.  :)

It's hard to judge a situation without seeing it, though in my opinion Huskies never sound like they have any kind of temperament issues when they 'talk'. In my opinion they just sound goofy lol.

I think you just happened to come by people who don't care much for dogs/huskies, which is their loss.  :doglick: