Is This Normal Behavior?

Christine0925

Meeka is 14 months and her dominance is coming out more and more- she does it to dexter almost twice a day. she always turn playtime into " im above you" she always has to take her playtime with our neighbors dog bulldog always ending up in extreme rough play resulting in her paw on him as the end result. They always go back to playing ( Dexter and Stanley) but she does it all the time!

My neighbors other two dogs, cocker spaniels- she walks up to them scrunched low, tail tucked and immediately licks them and rolls on her back. She doesn't play with them ( they don't play) but she loves saying hi and being so sweet every 15 minutes and then goes back to chewing on dexter or trying to pick a fight with Stanley.

Is it just normal teenage behavior? I don't know when enough is enough ???

Skye does the same to shadow almost 24 hours a day I'm not kidding!

Other dogs she will submit the same as yours rolls on her back etc

I don't worry unless a full fight came about which it never does though I do get her to stop as she does really annoy shadow and will not leve him alone! She gets extremely rough with him I don't know why he puts up with it!

From what you describe it sounds normal to me - huskies are known to play roughly with each other and other dogs. Although it may not be dominance - seeing as (it sounds like?) she submits to the neighbour's dogs....usually when dogs have a 'dominance problem' they don't submit to anyone! (I would know...my boy is a dominant 'butt'... :P )

Sounds normal.

Puppies do get to a point where as they get older they will start to 

challenge the lead dog in the house.

It usually starts out as rough play but gets harder.

eventually there may be a scrap or two that sorts it out.

It's normal natural progression.

Not all dogs challenge for lead, but it does happen

From what you describe it sounds normal to me - huskies are known to play roughly with each other and other dogs. Although it may not be dominance - seeing as (it sounds like?) she submits to the neighbour's dogs....usually when dogs have a 'dominance problem' they don't submit to anyone! (I would know...my boy is a dominant 'butt'... :P )

That's what I don't understand- she will submit to some dogs ( ones she doesn't consistently play with) but she's ALWAYS trying to fight with Dexter and Stanley- and it usually happens!! There is never any blood but Stanley has 2 cuts. If one of them looks at a stick or a rock she immediately will bullnose her way in and fight right away-