Earth Hour - Anybody Doing It?

Elyse

Is anybody participating in Earth Hour tonight? It's from 8:30-9:30pm, regardless of time zone.

Basically, you turn off all lights/electronics for an hour and go out and do stuff around town. 

I'm going to participate in it, but this year I'm going to cheat a little and watch a movie instead (with all lights off of course!). 

I think the UK will be asleep so technically yes we'll be participating as it's around 2 - 3 am here

I'll try, but its a bit cold to go out lol! And my bearded dragon's vivarium will have to stay on

Well yeah - I assume you don't have to unplug things like that! :)

I think its mostly to raise awareness than anything else - and to help us realize we don't have to rely on electricity all the time! :)

When I was younger, my family and I would play chess under candlelight to pass the time - awesome experience IMO! 

Well yeah - I assume you don't have to unplug things like that! :)

I think its mostly to raise awareness than anything else - and to help us realize we don't have to rely on electricity all the time! :)

When I was younger, my family and I would play chess under candlelight to pass the time - awesome experience IMO! 

Aw that sounds awesome!