The Longest Journey ...

Povodny

I read about this. Bloody amazing. Having said that, however, reminds me of a German Shepherd my M.I.L had. The dog had followed her home one day and she made enquiries as to who the dog belonged to. She kept the dog for about 8 weeks but it was a time in her life when she couldn't afford to keep a dog on so she gave it to the R.A.F. They took the dog to Scotland for training and subsequently lost it. Not sure how you can lose a dog but they did. 4 weeks later it turned up on the M.I.L's door step with it's pads bleeding. It would seem that the dog had walked all the way home.

Gary.

I read about this. Bloody amazing. Having said that, however, reminds me of a German Shepherd my M.I.L had. The dog had followed her home one day and she made enquiries as to who the dog belonged to. She kept the dog for about 8 weeks but it was a time in her life when she couldn't afford to keep a dog on so she gave it to the R.A.F. They took the dog to Scotland for training and subsequently lost it. Not sure how you can lose a dog but they did. 4 weeks later it turned up on the M.I.L's door step with it's pads bleeding. It would seem that the dog had walked all the way home.

Gary.

That's a lovely story. :)

That's a lovely story. :)

Thanks Nicola, I know it's a Shepherd and not a husky but I think that any animal that can make that sort of journey for the love of it's master is a very special animal indeed. The shepherd covered over 700 miles to get to a woman it had only known for 8 weeks. Astounding, as is a husky that can walk 400 miles through those conditions to get to it's master.  

Gary.

I think the difference is that that is Alaska. Most of us are in the UK, with lots of busy roads. :P 

True but I wasn't making reference to getting knocked down. It was about getting lost and finding their way home :P

Another difference between Alaska and here is the risk of getting killed by bears or wolves

True but I wasn't making reference to getting knocked down. It was about getting lost and finding their way home :P

Another difference between Alaska and here is the risk of getting killed by bears or wolves

Yes agree

This story is about one dogs determination to reach home.

That fact that she did so in one piece is just even more remarkable!!

:)