Mine!

Chula

Wasn't too cute trying to get them away from her. She wouldn't even drop them for treats. She had so much crap in her mouth that she couldn't even squeak them! This is the most food driven dog ever and she preferred toys to treats, because they belonged to another dog. 

She certainly has a unique personality ;-)  Nikko does that with Yukon.  If Yukon is playing all nice with something, Nikko will come up and steal it away from him. Not that he wants to play with it, he just doesn't want Yukon to have it! 

That's cute!

Sasha does that if I'm throwing Dozers toys for him (he plays fetch but Sasha refuses to chase a toy haha) she goes and steals it out of his mouth and runs off with it looking back at him like haha I got the toy then drops it behind me haha

Trust me, I wasn't happy about it. I did get them away from her but it was a challenge. At first she had one toy and was hiding with it under the chair, when I realized she was ripping at it I tried to get her to "leave it", but she eyed the other dog and tried to go into a corner. I was not going to tug it out of her mouth since it was not my toy and I didn't want to destroy it. She wasn't growling, just very, very wary. I tried to walk her into another room to see if she would give up the toy if the dog wasn't visible, but she grabbed another toy on the walk to the other room.

We had a few playdates with this dog and another adult dog prior to her surgery, and she got really mad because the other dog came and took a toy she was playing with right out of her mouth. Since then, she has had limited exposure to other dogs because she was essentially housebound during her surgery recovery time. Unfortunately this friend's house isn't really puppy proofed so she had to be on a leash, which I'm sure made her feel more vulnerable.

Have you tried "trade" to get her to give you the toys? I think you have as sure i read that somewhere lol as in get a real tasty treat (and i mean something of high value like a piece of cheese or ham) and say trade and praise if she gives up the toys for the treat :)

Both mine share toys Skye is a little cow and teases shadow with toys but they can both take toys out of each others mouths with no issues skye used to try guard them at one point but i take all off her and give back to shadow she soon learnt. Shadow when i just had him used to trade for treats :)

Oh, we have tried trade. Once she has her mind set though she can't focus on anything but what is in her mouth. I tried treats. I tried cheese. The only way I got the toys without ripping them was to wait for her to set it down because she wanted to squeak. She got a stern talking to, but not sure that did anything.  Two seconds after letting go she was happy and walking on top of big ole buddy again though.

I think a lot of it is that she is an only dog and most of her exposure to other dogs didn't involve toys, just romping. We also made the mistake of letting her have all her toys out at once, so now we tend to have one or two out at a time and "trade" them in. She does not hoard her toys at home and never guards them from us, in fact she tends to bring them to us because she wants us to play with her.

Those are my legs in the picture, by the way, trying to get the toys. My friend took the photos because she thought it was funny. I thought it was stressful.