Songs That You Can't Get Out Of Your Head...

Elyse

Apparently there's a name for this problem: its called an 'earworm'. This morning my local news station did a piece on it, and they played a few of the songs that are most commonly reported to be 'earworms'. Now that "I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more" song has been stuck in my head ever since 7am this morning!

I hate you, local news crew. You totally did that on purpose. :P

So, what are the songs that get stuck in your head?

This entire day I had a song stuck in my head. The problem however was that I've never heard it before...

Just a catchy melody I couldn't ignore. Throughout the day it - involuntary - started to grow. A funny beat got added, some catchy percussions and a bad-ass bass joined the song. It sounded great in my head.

Got home this evening and immediately opened my music program because at this point I wanted to make it real. Guess what? The moment I entered the first tone I lost the entire melody and composition. Couldn't remember a bit of it  :groan:

That stpid song "Call me Maybe." It is an irritating song to begin with and once it gets locked in, it does not go away.

So we changed the lyrics to make is more enjoyable..."Hey I just met you, and this is crazy. But here's my crawlspace. I'm John Wayne Gacy."

Whatever I was listening to in the car on the way home from work.

that's what I get to listen to when I'm asleep.

winding in out and around whatever i'm dreaming about. :(

Argh! This song is still stuck in my head, and its been 13 hours!!! 

And only the chorus is stuck in my head, which makes it more annoying!!

And it all started when I just listen to 7 seconds of the song on that stupid news channel. 

i've kinda got a weird mix up in my head right now pmsl :P

uh oh...that's the worst. And if you try to listen to another song to get rid of them, that new song will probably get stuck. It's a never ending cycle - they should develop something you can take for this! :P

As I just posted in another post and it id officially stuck in my head.

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.

As I just posted in another post and it id officially stuck in my head.

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.  They'll continue singing it forever just because.  It is the song that never ends.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.

you do realize that those lyric's "they'll", "yes", "it" and "some" words form a diagonal pattern don't you? :P it's kinda scary actually LOL I don't have a song stuck on my head atm but somehow I have the feeling I soon will  :unsure:

Scooby-Dooby-Doo where are you? We've got work to do now! Odd thing is I haven't seen or heard scooby Doo in months grrr and before that it was I love you, you love me, lets all be a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, wont you say you love me too lol but I love barney the purple dinosaur haha

Ant and dec's "let's get ready to rhumble". Only coz they keep playing it on the radio on virtually every station. Loved the saturday night takeaway performance, almost crying with laughter, not loving the endless loop in my head so much though! Damn you pj and Duncan!!!!