Coldsores

Stormy

Anyone get them?? I get them quite alot and they are so annoying and painful last about a week :( Had one come up yesterday whilst at work i tried to stop it with the cream but it still snuck its way out!! Get them when im stressed or run down or the sunshine can cause them at times.

No kisses for Rob :P lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I did but having seen other peoples I'm not so sure. I tend to get a spot next to my lip not actually on it that then turns into a nasty scabby red patch that cracks and bleeds and blinking well hurts for a week or so. sounds like a coldsore but in the wrong place! Lol

I thought I did but having seen other peoples I'm not so sure. I tend to get a spot next to my lip not actually on it that then turns into a nasty scabby red patch that cracks and bleeds and blinking well hurts for a week or so. sounds like a coldsore but in the wrong place! Lol

You can get them off your lip to but near it :) I've never had that. The one i have currently is on my bottom lip right in the middle! The worst ones are in the corners as it makes it a nightmare to eat!

I've never really suffered them but I get awful mouth ulcers whenever I get run down or stressed. Or if I bite inside of my mouth whilst eating I know to expect a week off pain. Mum sometimes gets bad cold sores though. Not nice! Keep zoviraxing lol

I've never really suffered them but I get awful mouth ulcers whenever I get run down or stressed. Or if I bite inside of my mouth whilst eating I know to expect a week off pain. Mum sometimes gets bad cold sores though. Not nice! Keep zoviraxing lol

Haha i shall keep zoviraxing!! :D expensive stuff though grrrr

You can get them off your lip to but near it :) I've never had that. The one i have currently is on my bottom lip right in the middle! The worst ones are in the corners as it makes it a nightmare to eat!

yeah that's where mine usually are, right at the side.  NOt sure I like the idea of joining the  facial herpes club, to be honest.  It's odd because neither of my parents get them, nor doers my husband!   suspect I may of kissed too many toads in my teenage years!   lol 

yeah that's where mine usually are, right at the side.  NOt sure I like the idea of joining the  facial herpes club, to be honest.  It's odd because neither of my parents get them, nor doers my husband!   suspect I may of kissed too many toads in my teenage years!   lol 

Haha dont call it that you make it sound worse :P yeah i got it off one of my aunties when i was about 5 :( 

lol, yeah it does sound a bit dirty doesn't it.  Oh well, so many people have them that it can't be THAT bad.  At least you got it from a family member, I've inadvertantly made myself look like a bit of a tart now, nevermind.  lol.   

I've never had cold-sores though I do get dry lips in winter.

Always wish afterwards that I didn't pull the skin off.

For some reason I can't leave it alone  :(

Its when i get coldsores i leave them completely alone other than the cream but work makes my lips really dry and crack and i then pick them :( 

Nope - but my Dad gets them quite often. Apparently they're contagious because my Mom got them from my Dad.

Yep they are very contagious i wash my hands every time i put cream on and thats why i said no kisses for Rob he has never had coldsores and he could potentially get them if i kissed him with one. Once you have one you have them for life to they just lay dormant waiting to pounce lol

Yep they are very contagious i wash my hands every time i put cream on and thats why i said no kisses for Rob he has never had coldsores and he could potentially get them if i kissed him with one. Once you have one you have them for life to they just lay dormant waiting to pounce lol

Yeah - haha - that's what I heard. That they're with you for life if you get them.

Yeah - haha - that's what I heard. That they're with you for life if you get them.

Yep! They are annoying but such is life i dont get them too much anymore best thing is to dry them out and i think all the walking i do drys them out so they are gone alot quicker :)

i never get them but i did hear that when you get rid of a cold sore you should get rid of your tooth brush because it is a  viral infection it lies dormant on your toothbrush till it can be bothered to annoy you again.

which makes sense if you get repeat infections

There's this as well Storm

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Avert-Electronic-Cold-Sore-Machine_1129542/

I saw this once an thought it must be a godsend for people who get them.

My cousins, sister mother an other family members get them but I never have.. I can only imagine I was totally unloved as a child lol