Skye And The Dogmatic

Stormy

Tried out the Dogmatic which a women who lives near to Rob parents who has lots of huskies and other dogs etc gave me :) it is great! Slightly to big as she can twist it round so i have ordered a smaller size and Shadow will have this one.... but wow already its amazing i feel so much happier and my wrist must be feeling happy to! The difference is amazing... she throws hissy fits though as she does not like not being in control but she will get there with some training :) But i am just so happy i have control of her again as it was starting to become a problem and the amount i walk them it was getting me down! Anyway she trys to pull through it currently at times but its still taken off half the power she had before! 

She was walking like this for ages using Shadow as a shelf lol

4D54D4DB-2628-434D-ABEA-DA3C66F0BF3D-470

9ACDB762-2EAB-4C5B-A0E2-43C20DA47C49-470

The new one i have ordered is black as i wanted purple but they do not do them in purple and i thought a different colour would look odd with her purple lead! She seems happy enough though and she doesn't get anywhere near as much as a mark on her nose now and she is also not choking herself anymore and it doesn't ride up in to her eyes and she can still do everything as in pick a ball up etc :)

I'm glad you've found something that works for you! We use a Dogmatic on Broder when we know he's going to encounter other dogs as he gets excited and pulls. The only problem I've found is that lots of people presume it's a muzzle and avoid us. 

I'm glad you've found something that works for you! We use a Dogmatic on Broder when we know he's going to encounter other dogs as he gets excited and pulls. The only problem I've found is that lots of people presume it's a muzzle and avoid us. 

People avoid me anyway so that makes no difference! lol (not all people luckily but alot!)

That's great that you found something that worked!!

Yeah .. i had tried lots of things and even did have her loose lead walking on her own but i had to find a way to walk her nicely with shadow as i do the majority of the walking and she is so so so stubborn!

That's good news, glad you're not hurting now.

Walks should be happy times for Humans and dawgies :)

I had a halti on Mia, which I think is the same thing, just a different brand.

She really doesn't like it, but it works so well its a must, even the children can walk her safely whilst she is wearing it.

I usually take it off her though after the first 10 minutes when her excitement settles down and then she walks lovely

I had a halti on Mia, which I think is the same thing, just a different brand.

She really doesn't like it, but it works so well its a must, even the children can walk her safely whilst she is wearing it.

I usually take it off her though after the first 10 minutes when her excitement settles down and then she walks lovely

Skye never calms down... we did a 12 mile walk and she was still pulling :o lol

Really? I think you need that scooter! We will have to get together in the summer when the pups are older to have a play with it :D

We have been talking about getting Mia one of those back packs to use during walks as an exercise aid, they seem to get good feedback

Yes really... she honestly has so much energy lol!! 

Would be interesting to see what she is like on a scooter think i will give her a try at camp as when i have jogged with her she tires really quickly ... so i do not know! lol