Stormy

Rob hit some womens car at work the other day (slid on the snow) it was a VW golf he is in a landrover defender so as you can imagine it would do some kind of damage. 

Anyway it was a really slow slide as he described it he had a look at the car and could only see a really slight dint and the bumper may have needed re alligning slightly. 

The women was being quite harsh about it but its understandable you would be upset anyway she said she was going to get some quotes for it.

Well she has got one so far....

£1021.90 :o

We think that she thinks this is extremely high and is concerned about the price of it (not sure if its because she is worried about the damage or thinks it is to high) but she is going to get another quote over the bank holiday she says so we will see...

That's good, I'd be inclined to ask her to take the car to a garage of your choice for a quote

Not up to me its up to Rob we dont generally use garages tbh as we do most things on our cars ourselves other than MOT.

We will be if it is that amount yes. What Rob said to her was get some quotes and ill decide whether to go through insurance or not as if its less than the excess it was better to just pay it but the excess is £150 and its looking like it will be alot more than that.

Did you get pictures at the time  ??

is it an old VW or one of the newer ones ?

They might be talikg a new bumper, or fixing the dent and respraying the area.

and. . . . 

The garage will have quoted anywhere from £20 to £50 per hour for labour.

When a woman bumped my astra a few years ago while it was parked she did a dent about 8in long and it did not look that bad so off to Vauxhall it went I mean I didnt do it why take it anywhere else was my thinking.....

Day 1 take car in pickup courtesy car....

Day 2 quote of £1250 need a new door skin which is not as easy job as you might think, door off old skin removed new skin fitted primer on gotta be left 24 hours

Day 3 1st coat of paint gotta be left 24 hours

Day 4 top coat of paint

Day 5/6 shut weekend 

Day 7 door put back on full valet 

Day 8 pick car up 

Cost of courtesy car for 1 week was £700 ( god knows where they got it from :0 )

Total bill £1950 for a dent I could only just see and it had to be pointed out to me by the woman that did it :0

I could of got same job done at a local garage for less than £200 just pulled out and blown over but like the car you have slid in to why would you as the owner you want your car back perfect.

I know its not what you want to hear but if anyone hits my car I would do same again.

Fair enough Dunc! I dont mind it was not me that did it! I explained that bodyshops can be expensive etc to Rob. He will just have to go through the insurance if it is alot :) I was not there so did not witness it Rob only told her as a for your information he did not even realise he had actually damaged the car as he did not feel it but tbh in that defender it is a bit of a tank!