Diet For Huskys

Hi everyone I'm a newbie ov got an 8 month female sibirian husky called Mia and I'm struggleing to get her diet right . I've bin told off various people they have sensitive stomachs also they don't eat as much as other dogs well she will eat for England but more often than not she has runny poos . I've spent a small fortune at pets at home and supermarkets but to no avail she lives with my old lab meg who has always been able to eat anything please help someone !!!!!

2 cups what would that work out to in grams do you know??

I agree it could be over feeding MAYBE... but could also be the change around in food etc it can take a few weeks for them to get used to a food.

I would advise getting a good quality kibble if this is what you want to feed. You have two option you can boil chicken and rice and feed that for a week or until poo is harder or even solid then each day after add small amounts of kibble in until you change over completely back to that as long as poo is still solid.

OR you can give raw chicken wings but i would probably advice the top one if you want to stay on kibble also tinned pumpkin is meant to be great to help firm them up to :)

hi 

the only kibble/dry i found that worked for my girls and i know of quite a few husky owners who use it is CSJ champ and its cheap its under £15 for 15 kilo (puppy food ) and £11.50 for 15 kilo (adult ).

im currently feeding this in the morning and raw in the evening but my puppy was weaned on to this and done very well on it xx

Edited by Leyka&Diva

300g per day split into two servings I bought some collards hypo-allergenic an started her on it last night fingers crossed

300 g per day doesn't sound alot for an 8 month old so i dont think your problem is over feeding :) I dont feed kibble though so i do not know if the amounts are different with kibble for example when my female was 8 months she was on 600 grams of raw per day to gain weight etc. 

I would do the chicken and rice and gradually change over to one good quality kibble :)

this is for csj but for a puppy aged 8 months

between 10-20kg weights - 250-400grams a day

between 20 - 30 kg weights - 400- 600grams 

if that helps x

Well she's been on it since Wednesday an her poo is now dark brown and solid :0)

I will say this because I find this extremely true.... You don't know how awesome solid poop is until you have a husky with a really sensitive stomach. Also if he ever gets the runs again you can try pumpkin, that works for my dog, since he is growing he will occasionally out of no where get the runs

Well she's been on it since Wednesday an her poo is now dark brown and solid :0)

That's what we like to hear - solid poo.  Makes for a happy Husky-Owner.  Glad it seems to be working for you Olly.  Please keep a watch and make any adjustments you need.  And of course, keep us posted.  We all want to share in your journey with Mia.