The top 10 list

Chewbacca_&_me

Sherri, who is one of our members showed me a website last week where they have a top 10 list of most dangerous dogs (in the USA) and huskies and malamutes were numbers 4 and 5 on the list!! I was absolutely appalled! they were placed after rotties and before dobies on the list! If there is a list for most likely to destroy property by digging, huskies and mals would take numbers 1 and 2, but dangerous?? Not freakin likely...lol. In 25 years I have only ever known one husky to bite once, in my book that means there are only 2 reasons they would be on that list (1) an owner fails to care for the husky or mal properly and love them or (2) someone does something really serious to provolke a husky or mal to bite. Next thing I know military housing or some landlord is going to tell me that chewy cant stay with us because he's on that stupid list...yeesh! Our breeds can be obnoxious and bossy on occassion, but I just dont see them as dangerous.

Yes, I know yippies are evil! Little dogs annoy me as they are a zillion times worse than chewy has ever been. In my life I have been bitten by little dogs twice. Once was because the little guy was really old and couldnt see very well so I frightened him (i was a stranger) and he bit me and one time it was a chihuahua mix. It is def my opinion they should take huskies and mals off the list and add chihuahuas and poms and a few other high strung little breeds.

Dangerous...... i have never heard so much rubbish in my life and i live with a man!!!!!!!!!!!

None of mine have EVER shown any aggresion towards any person, smaller animals on the other hand now thats a different story.

Who is responsible for these lists... stuck up rich people who own ridiculous dogs (not there fault) and carry them around in handbags. They prob wear fur coats whilst writing these lists with the blood of clubbed seals!

Guest snowdog

O.M.G these statistics are daft, have you ever seen a headline, "tragic! human trampled to death by husky"! yep they bounce a lot but so does tigger ( i love pooh bear) but hes not classed as dangerous x

Guest snowdog

I know, here's how dangerous they are, my little 40KG bear trampling a strange child who just happened to wander up & grab him - how bothered is Diesel?? blink.gif

O.M.G Diesel, how sweet are you, big teddy bear awwwwww, give him a big husky hug from me, love him x

O.M.G Diesel, how sweet are you, big teddy bear awwwwww, give him a big husky hug from me, love him x

:lol: everyone who's met him calls him that! It's exactly what he is! & of course, I'll give him a big husky hug from you, as if I need a reason :lol: :lol:

Diesel sends his thanks & a big sloppy husky kiss back! :wub:

Now dont be Greedy Linda, you have 3 already so once i get Blaze and Diesel i will also have 3tongue.gif ...lol mind you i might come to some agreement for Loki i know Mary fell in love with her....lol Diesel or Blaze rolleyes.gif Mmmmmmm tough one might just be a git and dogknapp Loki also to keep Mary Happy........laugh.gif

Its most likley because a.) they are a larger breed so less educated people think big = dangerous and b.) because most dog attacks are verified after the fact and the dog has already scarpered, lots of dogs have the spitz look with the pointed ears and husky is a well known name so the attacked says husky when actually it wasnt it just LOOKED like one or was a cross with somthing more tempramental.

The whole issue of putting together a LIST of dangerous breeds is just rediculous really, governments need to learn to treat the owners of a dog that is known to bite more harshly as it will be the owner that has made that dog what it is!

Nevermind what breed, if it has teeth it can bite, its not that end of the lead that needs controlling its the human end!! angry.gif