Frequent Yawning?

Chula

Sometimes, yawning especially when not tired can be a sign of stress. :(

She's driving me batty because she wants to go out every 15 minutes just too look at them. That and someone dumped a bunch of Chinese fried rice around the corner and she knows its hanging out there waiting for her.

Nope. They live in the crawl space three townhouses over. I've informed the community manager of the issue several times but they don't do anything. I suppose I could report them to the county, though I dont want them euthanized. They seem like house cats that got left behind by people who moved.

I let Chula out to pee this morning and she took off. Good thing I had a good grasp on the lead because she would have run for days.

• 4 months later...

I was just going to post another topic about yawning, but found this one started a few months ago.  I just saw an article on MSN that your dog can catch your yawns. 

Mine seem to yawn a lot, especially Yukon, but they don't seem stressed.  Does anyone else's dogs yawn a lot?

Dexter since 8 weeks has always been a high anxiety dog, and he yawns all the time- Hes over a year and he will still yawn if we look at him directly for more than 5 seconds, its a stress reliever. He does it in situations when he is uncomfortable, or something new, if you pet him for too long etc.

I have stopped trying to fix it- its just who he is

Chula still yawns pretty frequently, and it's pretty clearly tied to stressful situations. If she sees something outside, if she is scolded for being naughty, if we make her "wait" too long to eat and she has to stare at her food and wonder if an invisible creature is going to swoop down and steal it all from her before we give her the release command.

It makes me kind of sad that she's so high anxiety. The weird thing is that she doesn't really seem to have separation anxiety. Every time I come home from work she's just chilling happily in her crate, doesn't start pawing it or barking to get out. Sometimes she looks at me like "oh, you're home?".