Adults Home While Dogw Kill Toddler

aronoiiel

Okay. I HATE owners and parents like this. HATE! This sounds like neglectful lazy parents.. And pet owners. It's just there was 3 adults.. And no one noticed she went out of a room? This story and others like this get my blood boiling! 18 year old mother.. C'mon. As if pitbulls needed anymore attention than they already have too! How can a two year old kid go missing out of a doggy door? No one was paying attention? Hell I hardly let my 3 year old alone. I still have locks and dead bolts on the doors! This is insane.

I have a cousin, a dumbass. He has a mix he claims is a pitbull (which is NOT). Wonderful attention for his dog.

The dog showed aggression toward their new baby. Growling at the baby on the sofa. Jealous of the new baby.

And one day they just let this baby on the floor and in the dogs face. and then of coarse the baby gets bit. Really bad too. Stitches in his face, almost messed up his eye. They ignored all the warning signs and kept the dog in a small apartment with a new baby.

Okay rant over.

Oh that poor child.

You've all seen the pics of my granddaughter

With my 3 dogs and how well they get on with her

And how gentle they are with her.

But we never leave her alone for for a moment with the dogs.

They are always supervised.

R.I.P. little one.

That is so sad. I have had one aggressive dog in my life, and actually it was my mothers. A pitbull she raised from a puppy that used to play on the floor with my kids. Dog turned on my mother one day and severely injured my mom. Dog got a shotgun in the head after she went after my stepdad who was trying to catch her to take her in (one bite rule in Florida when it comes to pits).

Point of my story is that any dog can be unpredictable. Yes, they are pets and we love them, but an responsible dog owner will keep a close eye on their dog, especially around kids. People who believe that their dog is not capable are scary.

Ugh. Some people shouldn't have kids (or dogs, for that matter). Very sad story for everyone involved. 

When Suka is around kids, I watch him like a hawk. Even though I know there's a 95% chance he won't do anything, I still watch him because he's MY dog and he's MY responsibility. 

Ugh. Some people shouldn't have kids (or dogs, for that matter). Very sad story for everyone involved. 

When Suka is around kids, I watch him like a hawk. Even though I know there's a 95% chance he won't do anything, I still watch him because he's MY dog and he's MY responsibility. 

Exactly! I know that I will probably never have to worry about Hurley. She loves everyone. But she is a dog, and a very strong one. I watch my kids when they are around her, just as I watch her for signs of irritation. If I think they may aggravating her, I remove either the kids or the dog from the situation. Its not worth the risk to me.

i'm just over reading stories about how "awful" pitbulls are. they're one of the sweetest breeds i've ever had the pleasure of owning. i wouldn't trade my pittie for the world and he's great with kids and small dogs, better than Luka actually.

I agree I think they get terrible reputations!!! At out local humane society here you wouldn't believe how sweet they are. They go through twice the tests a lab would when they come in and if they fail on certain ones they have to be put to sleep but if a lab failed on some of the same ones it would still be allowed to do for adoption. Those dogs are absolutely the best dogs and when Zach and I move to another place when we find one we like and is within our budget then we are going to think about getting a pittbull puppy from there. I just think people need to watch their dogs and children!!!

Instead of the lady yelling I think they are killing Monica why not just go out there and try to stop the dogs while yelling for help while going out the door.

That is a terrible story but it re-inforces my argument about our dogs being animals and people sometimes forget that. The most disturbing part for me is the quote saying 'the toddler used the dogs as a pillow'

Even with our so called 'people friendly dogs' I still don't agree with toddlers interacting like that. I know ! - there are all the cute 'husky kisses baby' pics and 'my dog wouldn't do any harm to the kids' Still, It just keeps happening.

This is truly a tragic, tragic situation.  I could, at this point, care little about the dogs involved.  A human life has been needlessly been taken and she will never have the opportunity to fulfill what dreams she may have had.

This is truly a tragic, tragic situation.  I could, at this point, care little about the dogs involved.  A human life has been needlessly been taken and she will never have the opportunity to fulfill what dreams she may have had.

obviously the fact that a little girl is part of this tragic story is horrible. her life was taken for no reason.

However, the dogs also matter because this yet again is affecting an entire breed not just someone's dog. The more stories that arise that harder it is for people like myself, who are responsible owners, to own our dogs in peace. you may not understand, but own a pitbull and you will. Knox is a puppy and we take crap for him constantly, whether it be snide remarks or facing state legislation preventing ownership.

Honestly Im ticked at all those adults not getting charges of any kind lets take the.dogs out of the story and say the kid fell into say a well or got hit by a car. I would think charges would be filed despite their grief there is clearly something wrong when that many adults doesnt notice the kid wander off.