Just So You Know. . . .

Mazz

I've been on this forum for a while now. Started out as a lowly peep. Then one day, I was asked if I'd consider being a moderator. Gave it some thought and said sure, why not. Still a lowly peep at heart though.

I've made some very good friends through this forum; some I've met personally, some not. For the most part, I think people come to this forum because they have either a desire to share or they need information or help. And of course there are some who come here to catch up, converse, and otherwise have fun. Some, like me, have stayed and hung out. Others have slipped off, and some pop in whenever the mood strikes them, I suppose

My wife and I have owned Huskies for almost 20 years. Still learning though. Oh there were times we would have traded our first for a picture of a Husky, to simply hang on the wall and admire. But then we'd have no more potty spots on the carpet, no more shredded anything from the sock drawer, no more chance of escaping resulting in chasing for what seemed forever, and no more questions like, "Is that a wolf?"

So, after all this rambling, what is my point? I simply want others to know, especially those who are new to this forum, that I was once like you (still am in many ways). In fact, every one of us, at one time or another, were in your shoes or will be. Each of us has had an issue, a question, or a problem with our very first Husky.

I was a first-time Husky-Owner, and I needed help. Unfortunately for me, there was no Husky-Owners.com back then. There was no place to turn to, in order to find answers to questions or to find information to ease the stress, because as many will attest, owning a Husky can be stressful at times. So if you get an answer that seems a bit condesdending, perhaps spiced with a tinge of rudeness, don't take it personally, and by all means, don't let one answer from one person ruin your moment. There are always very friendly and very helpful members on this forum, who can be a wealth of information that you simply cannot find anywhere else.

At the end of the day, when your Husky is tired and ready to nod off, you'll thank him for for being your best friend. And he'll thank you for sticking with it for his sake. Make Husky-Owners your home, if not for you personally, for your Husky. There's not another forum like it for Huskies, there's not another breed like a Husky, and there's not another owner like a Husky-Owner.

Well, that's about it. Just thought you should know.

Edited by Mazz
Grammar

This was a great thread and really made me grateful to hear that even you as a moderator have had times you could not stand your husky and thought buying a picture would be better (as this was something I had posted about a while back). Although we are keeping our husky and are learning every day it feels good to know that I am not alone when it comes to the frustration that a husky can bring. So thank you for this thread and for being honest about how hard a husky really can be.

Well said :) I know I'm one of those that thought I would loose my mind after I first got Nikko. They are so much work, but so rewarding as well. I'm glad I found this place though, it has helped and if it were not for great advice who knows if I would have been able to get through it.

I think in general I don't feel most people here are condescending or rude like I have come across in other forums. Sure there are a couple instances but you have I read between the lines and sometimes written words can be taken differently on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said x

I've struggled so much over the years with my boys, but have been so grateful to have this place and it's members to turn to.  Some people think that because i run this place, that I know everything, no one ever will especially not me (although don't tell hubby that lol)